Latest post Sun, May 5 2013 5:40 PM by peteopo. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 5 2013 5:40 PM

• peteopo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 16
    • Points 160

RTAS plugin causes segmentation fault - bug?

Symph 6.5 Mac, OS 10.8.2, Nugen Vis-LM plugin.

Been having a problem with "segmentation fault at 0x0...", narrowed it down to this:

Build a sequence. Apply Nugen RTAS plugin, Mix. I can work with it all day, open and close the bin. No issues. Exit Symph and come back. Every time the sequence with the plugin is loaded in source/rec the app crashes out - error shown above.

This will happen with media online or with media hidden (rename MXF folder). The same sequence opened in MC 6 on a WIN 7 machine will play out fine, but that machine doesn't have the plugin - so while it shows in the sequence - it's not really there. Copy all the cuts to a new sequence w/o the plugin. Open the new sequence back on the Mac and everything's OK.

I have to stress that this does not appear to be a problem with the pluging itself. So long as Symph is running from the time of the initial creation of the sequence w/plugin. It's only on exit and re-open that this problem occurs?

Known issue?

Pete O

Orlando

Symph 6.5, MacPro circa 2008, 16MB RAM, 10.8.2, MOJO DX, JMR/Atto 8x2TB, Artist Mix

MC 6.0.3, HP z800, 16MB RAM, software only, Nvidia 5000

MC 6.0.3, Z800, 16GB Ram, Quadro 5000 Symph 6.5.2, Mac Pro dual quad 2.8 8GB RAM ATTO 380 SAS Netgear Readynas2100 near line storage MaxxDigital... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller