Latest post Fri, Mar 15 2013 2:27 PM by Kevin Klimek. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 14 2013 8:01 PM

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,775

Can't Find Location of Title Clip with Reveal File or with Media Tool

Hi, 

I have a slight problem regarding titles for AAF export.  I'm trying to make an AAF for a grading/onlining session.  First, I made the low res video files of my sequence offline.  This made everything, including the titles offline.  Then, I linked up to the online files.  So, everything was online except my titles (created in Avid).

I was in a rush to make the AAF, so just had to make the AAF without the titles.  However, now that I have time, I would like to include the titles in the AAF.

I thought I'd be able to either use the "reveal file" command or the media tool to fid the titles in the Avid Media Files folder of the offline drive and then dump them into the Avid Media Files folder associated with the new online AAF, however the reveal file command says it can't find it and the titles don't show up in the media tool.

Would the only way to get the titles back into the AAF be to do the whole AAF export again?  Seems very time consuming for something that should be so simple.  

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 14 2013 8:44 PM In reply to

Re: Can't Find Location of Title Clip with Reveal File or with Media Tool

I doubt that most grading programs would be able to work with a title effect anyway, but...

Since I don't know how you "made the low res video files og offline" the easiest method is probably to simply "Recreate Titles and Mattes for your entire sequence and re-export the AAF. 

If you hid media files by changing the name of the Avid MediaFiles folder, bringing those folders back online would also bring the titles back online as well.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Mar 15 2013 1:46 AM In reply to

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,775

Thanks, Kevin.

I just unhid the low res Avid Media Files after relinking to the high res AMA files.  This only brought back the low res titles and kept everything else online.  I mainly just wanted the low res titles to be at the head and tail of the piece so the director and colourist wouldn't be confused in the grading session.

I had to re-export the entire AAF again.  I thought that the title effect created an actual video clip in the Avid Media Files Folder, but perhaps it doesn't and it only stores the "effect" there (whatever form that takes).  Seems a little weird to me, but I'm still getting used to the quirks of Avid.

It is strange that you can't use the reveal file command to find whatever media relates to the title clips in the Avid Media Files folder.

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 15 2013 2:27 PM In reply to

Probably related to the same reasons why you can't match frame back to titles either.  Should be possible, I agree, but at this point, it is not.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller