Latest post Wed, Mar 6 2013 7:42 PM by cable. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 6 2013 7:42 PM

• cable
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, May 27 2007
    • Pacific NW
    • Posts 397
    • Points 5,110

after transcode there is no start, end or duration in bin

Hello,

Just thought I'd try here before calling support.  

I have a bin with 100 aiff audio files in it. I transcoded the files to MXF PCM audio and changed the media drive while I was at it.  I can view the files, play them and edit with them but I cannot get a start, end or duration time code to show up in the bin. It's blank. I can't paste into the field and modify doesn't do anything (it still leaves it blank).  

The reason I'd really like to get a start and end time is that I'd like to remove the 'new.01' from the end of each file name in the bin. Usually I'd export an ALE, modify it, then re-import it. That has always worked for me. Now it won't import because there's "no end time".  

If I export via TAB delimited file there is a duration but no start or end time. The ALE file doesn't even have a duration. It's just blank like the start and end.  

Is this normal after a transcode?

Thanks.

-Cablet 

20 x Media Composer 8.6.5 Mac Pros 32MB RAM OSX 10.11.6 AJA and Nitris DX hardware Avid Nexis Enterprise [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller