Latest post Thu, Feb 21 2013 12:01 AM by Job ter Burg. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 20 2013 10:02 PM

• jpb121mac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 20 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Importing .ptf file into AVID

I'm trying to import a .ptf ProTools file into AVID. I need it to link up to the media already imported into the AVID (they used the same media in ProTools) or ask them to get the media embedded in another AAF/OMF file. But, is there a way to import the ProTools session file (.ptf) and link up to the media they edited on that I am also using to edit? I'm unfortunately trying to conform AVID picture and sound to edits they made in ProTools with the same audio files, before it was edited in AVID. Thank you, Jon

• Thu, Feb 21 2013 12:01 AM In reply to

Re: Importing .ptf file into AVID

jpb121mac:
    is there a way to import the ProTools session file (.ptf)
    No.

jpb121mac:
    and link up to the media they edited on that I am also using to edit?
    AAF is meant for that. They should be able to export AAF, not sure if they can link to the existing media, but I think they should be able to.

Probably requires that they use the exact same media files as you did in Avid, meaning no consolidation or conversion.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller