Latest post Mon, Feb 18 2013 9:31 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 18 2013 9:15 AM

Deck Control Problem

Hi!

I didn´t work with decks for some time, most of my clips come from XDCam HD. Now i want to start an HDCam-project,but I cannot capture the files, I have got a "no deck" message. Deck Configuration sees the Keyspan (Direct on US28Xfd33P1.1), but I cannot autoconfigure or add a deck. Cables are checked, USB-port is direct at the MacPro. I already deleted the channel, made a new one - no result. Tried to add the deck manually - no result. Could it be the wrong driver? I´m on MC 5.0.3.9 on MacOs 10.6.8.

Thanks for any advice

Roland

Media Composer 7.0.4, Mojo DX, MacOs 10.8.5, MacPro Nehalem 4.1 Dual Quadcore 2.66 Mhz, 12 GB RAM [view my complete system specs]

There´s more to the picture, than meets the eye

• Mon, Feb 18 2013 3:16 PM In reply to

Re: Deck Control Problem

I assume that the Keyspan Serial Assistant sees the adapter as well?  (I don't think Avid would see it if the Assistant also didn't.)  Probably means you have the correct driver, but it might not be a bad idea to re-install.

Also, just to be sure, make sure you are plugged into port 1 on the adapter, since you are using Port 1 in Avid.  (Or try port 2 as well.)

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Feb 18 2013 9:26 PM In reply to

Keyspan Assistent does see the port. And yeah, I tried both ports on the adapter.

Could you point me to the right driver for my constellation? There are some in my downloads folder.

Greetings

Roland

Media Composer 7.0.4, Mojo DX, MacOs 10.8.5, MacPro Nehalem 4.1 Dual Quadcore 2.66 Mhz, 12 GB RAM [view my complete system specs]

There´s more to the picture, than meets the eye

• Mon, Feb 18 2013 9:31 PM In reply to

Hi, what is the keyspan adapter model?

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller