Latest post Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:12 PM by maryd. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 5 2013 7:50 PM

• Peter GDMX
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 5 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

DEKO 500/DEKOCAST replacement

I am using my deko 500 to put up slates at the beginning of satellite transmissions, but they are slowly dying on me.  I have a bunch of dekocast lying around and was wondering if I could get them to do cg for my slates.  Nothing fancy.  Strictly verbage.  Thanks!!!

• Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:12 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

Re: DEKO 500/DEKOCAST replacement

Yes you can use the DekoCast.  Simply take the .dko files from your Deko500 and copy the folder to the same path (drive, subfolder etc..._ on your DekoCast .

Create a new scene on DekoCast, delete the Video IN object, and Insert a Deko object.

In the edit pane to the right of the object list, assign the .dko page to the Deko object.

When needed simply open the DekoCast scene.  You can create multiple scenes or multiple actions in one scene to accomodate multiple slates. 

To edit content, you can open PostDekoLite and then open the .dko file and resave it there (must either refresh or close/re-open DC scene in order to see any changes you make on PostDekoLite)

I recommend downloading the DekoCast Users Guide, http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/user_guide/en364271?popup=true&NewLang=en&DocType=1082&q=dekocast+users+guide

Mary Driscoll | Laughingtoad Media

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller