Latest post Thu, Jan 10 2013 7:03 PM by Pat Horridge. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 10 2013 10:09 AM

• weekender
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 4 2007
    • Vancouver, Canada
    • Posts 56
    • Points 965

Is the 'Capture aborted due to lack of progress' problem still a happening in MC 6.5?

For the last couple years I've been fighting with the same problem and haven't found a solution and that is, when I capture my dv tapes, the capture tool stops when it sees a break in timecode on my tape and displays the message 'Capture aborted due to lack of progress' and asks if I want to keep or discard the clip. I've been all over these forums trying everything that everyone has mentioned including: making sure 'capture across timecode breaks' is selected, and unchecking 'stop capture if a bad frame is detected', as well as disabling timecode  and toggling the source off in the capture tool and crash recording. Still, Avid aborts capture at a timecode break which I have many of on my 100 or so dv tapes that I'd like to capture and edit. This is due to having the 'quick record' on on my camera which leaves blank spots between shots.

Any idea if I'll have better luck with this problem if I get MC 6.5? Is it more lenient on capturing across any blank spots on the dv tapes?

Windows 7 Avid Media Composer 5 Quicktime 7 Intel core i7 2600k quad core cpu 3.4GHz 8 GB Ram NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti Hawk 1GB video card Hitachi Deskstar... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 10 2013 12:08 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Re: Is the 'Capture aborted due to lack of progress' problem still a happening in MC 6.5?

Not realy a help but i think this is more related to the way Firewire works then Avid.. Do you remote it through firewire of RS422? RS422 proves to be more stable in these matters.. Sorry wish i could be of more help but reading your post you tried everything.

35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Thu, Jan 10 2013 12:33 PM In reply to

Re: Is the 'Capture aborted due to lack of progress' problem still a happening in MC 6.5?

Have you tried turning off the timecode track and capturing withot timecode? it won't let you recapture later but if you could capture across timecode breaks that wouldn't allow you to accurately recapture later anyway.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Jan 10 2013 6:57 PM In reply to

• weekender
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 4 2007
    • Vancouver, Canada
    • Posts 56
    • Points 965

Yes I've tried turning off the timecode track. And toggling off the source in the capture tool and crash recording and still Avid stops capture when it sees timecode breaks.

Wow I'd be so happy if someone has a solution to this!

Thanks

Windows 7 Avid Media Composer 5 Quicktime 7 Intel core i7 2600k quad core cpu 3.4GHz 8 GB Ram NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti Hawk 1GB video card Hitachi Deskstar... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 10 2013 7:03 PM In reply to

Sounds more like a DV stream disruptuion than a timecode break.

If you can't capture justt he raw stream without it dropping out then it's unlikely to work.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller