Latest post Mon, Jan 7 2013 5:21 AM by AndrewAction. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 7 2013 4:56 AM

• sallis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 7 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Pro Tools 10 not loading

Have had Pt 10 sitting in download folder for a while now (since released actually), and have only just upgraded to snow leopard allowing me to finally install PT 10 on my mac book pro (specs later). I performed a clean uninstall on PT 8 and proceeded with a normal install of PT 10, which all was deemed successful. 3/4 the way through loading up PT 10 the message.  

"Pro tools could not initialize the current playback device. Please make sure that the devise has been configured correctly"

I had already installed the latest hardware drivers (though I did do this before uninstall of PT 8) and dont really understand why that could be the problem considering that the internal device should be an option for playback device (as is with PT 9). I have since downloaded PT 10.3 and still have the same problem. Is there a way to check/change the configuration of the playback device without having the program loaded? 

specs of mac are, OS X Version 10.6.8, 2.66Ghz Intel Core Duo, 4 GB ram, 

• Mon, Jan 7 2013 5:21 AM In reply to

Re: Pro Tools 10 not loading

Sorry but you have posted this in Avid's Pro video forums. Fr Protools you should podt in Avids audio forums here

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller