Latest post Sat, Jan 5 2013 11:30 PM by Larry Rubin. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:04 PM

• nahbi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 12 2012
    • Posts 354
    • Points 4,315

Deleting Bins with Master clips in Trash ?

Just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

If I put a Bin with Master clips in the Trash then delete the trash, the Media Files will still exist, right? If I delete the Master clips by deleting the bin I put in the trash and do not have those clips stored else where in the project as an OPTION+drag copy I'm basically screwed because the media exists but not the master clip - is there anywhere to reverse that? Deleting a Bin with Master clips does not delete the Media correct?

Just making sure. Direction to literature on this would eb helpful too.

Thanks.

• Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:08 PM In reply to

• nahbi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 12 2012
    • Posts 354
    • Points 4,315

Re: Deleting Bins with Master clips in Trash ?

Oh, and just as important - is there any way to tell if a clip as been copied into mulitple Bins? How infact would I know if a master clip lives in more than one bin?

For example, let's say I create a Bin with clips for someone else or someone creates a bin for me - then later we decide we don't want the Bin in the project with those series of master clips. Is there any way to tell if a clip has another copy of it?

Thanks.

• Sat, Jan 5 2013 11:26 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,443
    • Points 17,785

You can recover "lost" master clips of EXISTING media by finding the clips in the media tool (Tools/Media Tool) and dragging them into a bin.

The find tool (Edit/Find) will list multiple instances.

Good literature can be found under "help" (Help/Avid Media Composer Help...)

• Sat, Jan 5 2013 11:30 PM In reply to

You can always go into the Avid Attic folder, find that specific project folder, and find back up bin versions with those same master clips, depending on how the attic behavior has been defined in your bin user settings.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller