Latest post Sat, Jan 12 2013 6:28 PM by mjolnarn. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 5 2013 6:35 PM

• aviddavid1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 5 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

PLEASE HELP ME UNINSTALL Xpress Pro 5.8 :(

I purchased Media Composer and was warned to properly uninstall DV express prior to installing the new software.  I have Avid Xpress pro 5.8 and am running mountain lion on a macbook pro and when I try to run the Avid Xpress Pro uninstaller it says Error uninstall failed. 

Is there a way I can manually uninstall?  Can I just start looking for Avid files and put them in the trash?  That seems dangerous.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have work to do and I am stuck.

Thanks

Dave

Filed under: , ,
  • Sat, Jan 5 2013 11:26 PM In reply to

Re: PLEASE HELP ME UNINSTALL Xpress Pro 5.8 :(

Not totally sure about this, but my guess is the uninstaller failed because XPRO 5.8 is nowhere near qualified for Mountain Lion. I think at this point, unless you can temporarily reinstall the Mac OS XPRO 5.8 was qualified for (which I believe was 10.4.11) to try the uninstaller again, you will need to use the Finder searching for everything Avid and delete it.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, Jan 12 2013 4:15 PM In reply to

• aviddavid1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 5 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Yes I was afraid that was the culprit.  Do you know where avid keeps most of it's files other than the obvious places?  I am concerned I will miss something, something that is hidden that gets removed on a legit uninstall. 

Dave

• Sat, Jan 12 2013 6:28 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,345

What about a new bootdrive and a new install of the correct OS for your Avid version.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller