Latest post Tue, Dec 11 2012 2:48 AM by Larry Rubin. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 11 2012 2:25 AM

• Doug@Stun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 10 2008
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 37
    • Points 520

Registration/activation

I have 9 older licenses for Media Composer 5.5.  These have all been upgraded over the years etc...

I recently purchased 3 new licenses from an Authorized Vendor.  I have activated and have been using all three.  I successfully registered 2 of them but the third is telling me:

There was an error on the page:

• Error: Duplicate Registration Detected

Avid Product Registration not completed: The System ID and/or Serial Number has exceeded the allowable registrations.

Please verify the information provided and make any appropriate corrections

I have verified all the info and nothing I do allows me to register it.  

Also when I got to my user page at Avid.com it does not reflect the newly registered software.

I wish there was one place to keep all my info together that would facilitate upgrades and new purchases.

Any ideas from my friends at Avid?

Thanks,

Doug

I also need to deactivate one of my machines and move the license to another tower.  This is not something I'd done before. Any tips?

17-Nitris DX Media Composers 8.4 - 4 3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Trashcans, 13 Harpertown MacPro 3.2Ghz 8-Core Intel Xeon Cheesegraters, Mac OS10 v10.12,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 11 2012 2:48 AM In reply to

Re: Registration/activation

Doug: Regarding the registration issue, you can contact Avid at 1-800-800-2843 and choose option 2 for license support during normal business hours US Eastern time. With version 5, go to the special menu and choose "deactivate software license". You'll need an Internet connection on the target machine in order to re-activate the license online.
    Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller