Latest post Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:28 PM by Bob Jones. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 24 2012 3:12 PM

• Bob Jones
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London UK
    • Posts 38
    • Points 570

version 6.0.0 - are these all just bugs..?

after a recent post about inability to change kerning of individual text characters, only to find the problem is a version bug.. I'm guess my other issues are those too..?

1. select tool, automatically selects audio if a video clip is highlighted.. only way to deselect is to turn the tracks of on the track select. on v.3.5 (yes a big jump i know) only chosen clips got selected.

2. many of my setting boxes, or on the digitise tool, or output tool. the formatting is just off.. can't see timecode in boxes, in and out points only shows frames seconds and minutes as the box isnt' big enough for the full 8 characters.. ? bit of a pain when trying to keep track of whats being typed.

3. changing start timecode of a sequence.. always used to do it by pressing CTrl+I and modifying the start time in the info box, i can't highlight the timecode and change it now.. only way to modify start timeconde is to change it under the start heading in the sequence bin.

there's plenty more, but there are the main culprits annoying me right now..

cheers for any offers of advice..

Bob Jones
    edi
    tor
    edit-this.co.uk
    info@edit-this.co.uk

• Mon, Sep 24 2012 3:17 PM In reply to

Re: version 6.0.0 - are these all just bugs..?

Any reason why you've skipped the updates since 6.0?

We've had 6.0.1.1 and 6.0.3 and now of course 6.5 as well.

I think mosty folks got off 6.0 as soon as 6.0.1 came along.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
  • Mon, Sep 24 2012 3:48 PM In reply to

Bob Jones:
    1. select tool, automatically selects audio if a video clip is highlighted.. only way to deselect is to turn the tracks of on the track select. on v.3.5 (yes a big jump i know) only chosen clips got selected.

In the upper left corner of the timeline window is a link button.  If it's on, selecting a video clip will also select its audio.  If it's off, it won't.

Bob Jones:
    3. changing start timecode of a sequence.. always used to do it by pressing CTrl+I and modifying the start time in the info box, i can't highlight the timecode and change it now.. only way to modify start timeconde is to change it under the start heading in the sequence bin.

This changed to the Sequence Report.  Right-click in the record window to bring it up and change the start timecode.  Not as fast as CTRL+i, so kind of a pain.

Bob Jones:
    2. many of my setting boxes, or on the digitise tool, or output tool. the formatting is just off.. can't see timecode in boxes, in and out points only shows frames seconds and minutes as the box isnt' big enough for the full 8 characters.. ? bit of a pain when trying to keep track of whats being typed.

I haven't seen this; it may be an issue with your system.  What video card have you got?

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:28 PM In reply to

• Bob Jones
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London UK
    • Posts 38
    • Points 570

sorry.. my bad.. it's version 6.0.1.1 - upgrading is a work thing.. and it's ,ike pulling teeth getting anything sorted like this.. there is talk about jumping up to 6.5 soon...

Carl.. thanks.. the linking thing is one of those issues I'm gonna be finding having jumped from 3 to 6 i think .. so mny things changed i spent my first couple of days trying to get 6 to work like 3... and yeah.. ctrl I was quicker, but sequence reprt is much easier than changing it in the bin..

appreciate your time...

Bob Jones
    edi
    tor
    edit-this.co.uk
    info@edit-this.co.uk

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller