Latest post Fri, Sep 7 2012 6:38 PM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 7 2012 5:03 PM

• djluke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 7 2011
    • Posts 15
    • Points 185

AMA relink problem

I have a project that needs to go back & forth with FCP. All 13 half-hour tapes are digitized as DVCproHD QT files. I succsessfully used AMA to edit & Boris transfer to export a AAF file that I could import into FCP. Now a few days later when I open the MC 6.0.3 projest it says the original files are offline and brings the original files into the bin again with slightly different durations (anywhere from 4 frames to 10 seconds). 

When I look at the QT files in Finder I see that they were modified on Sept 2 which is coincidental with the Boris AAF transfer and FCP import date. I'm thinking that the import into FCP must muck up the file information and consequently MC is unable or unwilling to believe the QT files are the originals. How do I relink my sequences to the new versions of the original files?

-dan

• Fri, Sep 7 2012 6:38 PM In reply to

Re: AMA relink problem

You may as well set light to a car tyre under the edit desk if your determined to make editing as painful as possible.

Moveing between FCP legacy and MC is a tough enough job and back again is even harder but to chose to build as workfloew that requires it regualrly is madness. Add in AMA and it gets a whole lot more complicated.

For what it's worth I think I've seen FCP make changes to media before so that may well be happening and if it is you'll never force Avid to relnk to them because they are effectively not the same files.

Good luck it sounds like a world of pain you are embarking on....

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller