Latest post Wed, Jun 26 2013 12:25 PM by Kevin Klimek. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 19 2012 11:43 PM

• Doug@Stun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 10 2008
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 37
    • Points 520

Confused [*-)] Exporting multiple channel audio

On a regular basis we're asked by clients to deliver QT's of various flavors exported with multiple audio channels, from 4 channels to 5.1 Dolby mixes with 8-channels.

I've looked and looked and can't find an Avid export solution so we end up exporting stereo and marrying the multiple tracks in either QT Pro 7 or FCP.  This just adds and additional step and another opportunity for errors.

Any suggestions or some process we're missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Doug

17-Nitris DX Media Composers 8.4 - 4 3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Trashcans, 13 Harpertown MacPro 3.2Ghz 8-Core Intel Xeon Cheesegraters, Mac OS10 v10.12,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 20 2012 1:11 PM In reply to

Re: Exporting multiple channel audio

You can in MC V6 but for MC V5.5 you need to export a QTref and then open that QTref and do an export in there to a regular QT file. The normal QT export prior to V6 was forced to go via the stereo output.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
  • Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:05 AM In reply to

hi 

I have the same problem when exporting from avid qt, I have mc v6 and I want you as my qt FC when exporting the file description says 8 discrete channels, but avid says the audio has 7.1 qt

actually need the qt the final description has 4 audio channels stereo or eight mono channels

thank you very much in advance

Christian Romero 

• Wed, Jun 26 2013 12:25 PM In reply to

Sorry, I'm not understanding your question.

Avid only assigns multi-channel audio QuickTime movies as surround sound if you tell it to.  So, I'm not sure what you mean by the QuickTime having 8 discreet channels but Avid says the audio is 7.1.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller