Latest post Mon, Jun 11 2012 10:21 PM by elbiciclista. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 10 2012 3:12 PM

Newbie question: Will Media Composer output audio to Eclipse 384 via USB?

I am new to the Community, so please take it easy on me.

I have used Pro Tools for over a decade, and I currently have Pro Tools HD Native on a Mac Pro (OS Lion). I also currently use FCP X for video. I am considering switching to Media Composer.

Pro Tools HD Native recognizes the Antelope Eclipse 384 monitor controller and will interface with it via USB (both input/output). I am trying to determine if Media Composer will also output audio to the Eclipse via USB (FCP X will not interface via USB, period).

If Media Composer will output audio to the Eclipse, this will finalize my decision to make the move to Media Composer. How can I determine if this is the case?

Thanks!

• Sun, Jun 10 2012 3:29 PM In reply to

Re: Newbie question: Will Media Composer output audio to Eclipse 384 via USB?

You can always download the 30 day free trial version of Composer and find out.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Jun 10 2012 5:38 PM In reply to

Yes, a good idea.

However, I have tried twice to download the demo. Each time, Avid tells me an email has been sent with a link to the download site. Each time, no email. My email address is correct, there is no email in my junk mail folder. Nothing.

In contrast, I just got an immediate download of Premier Pro and am starting to demo it.

I'm not sure what I can do to get the Media Composer demo download.

• Sun, Jun 10 2012 5:43 PM In reply to

Go to the Download Center:

http://www.avid.com/US/support/downloads

You'll have to log in, and once you do, navigate to the latest version of Media Composer (6.0.1) and download it.  When it asks how you want to activate, select the 30 day trial.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Jun 10 2012 6:12 PM In reply to

Thanks, Carl.

I am closer, at least. I got through creating a download site account (I thought I had every account you could have at Avid), got to Mac Download page, hit download and got the message: "Safari can't find the server cdn.avid.com".

I have tried several times, same result. I assume it will work eventiually if I keep trying.

Thanks for the help.

• Sun, Jun 10 2012 6:14 PM In reply to

Suggest you try a different browser than Safari, like Firefox.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Jun 11 2012 9:28 PM In reply to

Check your SPAM folder. My download email from Avid ended up there.

Daytime Gig Gear Hardware: HP Z820 32gb ram • AJA Kona LHi • Xtore 5tb RAID • NVidia Quadro 5000 • JVC 24" HD-SDI monitor • Avid Artist Color &... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 11 2012 10:19 PM In reply to

???

Not sure what I'm looking for, but I don't have anything in my junk folder.

• Mon, Jun 11 2012 10:21 PM In reply to

FYI, the answer to the original question is "Yes", Media Composer will interface via USB with an Antelope 384. I was successful doing it with the demo.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller