Latest post Thu, Apr 12 2012 8:54 PM by JoeProcopio. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 12 2012 7:50 PM

• JoeProcopio
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York City
    • Posts 455
    • Points 5,590

Unity workspace naming question....

can i use the symbol "&" in the name of a workspace....

MC v8.x on 5,1 and 6,1 Mac Pros, ISIS 5000 with 192TB of storage. [view my complete system specs]

Joe Procopio Broadway Video AVID|DS Artist AVID Tech

• Thu, Apr 12 2012 8:19 PM In reply to

Re: Unity workspace naming question....

From the docs:

"You must use Unicode characters in workspace names. The following is a list of 16 illegal characters you should not use in workspace names, workgroup names, filenames, user names, device names, and storage group names: \ / = @ [ ] % * ? + | : " ; , < >. You also should not use a period (.) as either the first or last character in the names you create, and you should not include a space in workspace names when in an Avid Interplay environment."

Personally, I'd avoid it .... some program that requires the full path might reject it.  Not worth it the risk.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Thu, Apr 12 2012 8:54 PM In reply to

• JoeProcopio
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York City
    • Posts 455
    • Points 5,590

Re: Unity workspace naming question....

thanks Randy...just so swamped here I forget things easily...

MC v8.x on 5,1 and 6,1 Mac Pros, ISIS 5000 with 192TB of storage. [view my complete system specs]

Joe Procopio Broadway Video AVID|DS Artist AVID Tech

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller