Latest post Tue, Mar 27 2012 6:57 PM by Kevin Klimek. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 27 2012 4:05 PM

Re-naming tapes after capturing/in bin?

Easy to answer question I hope.  Running MC 5.03 on Duo Quad Mac Pro, 10.6 OS.

Wondering if there's an easy way to re-name tape associated with a clip after you've already captured, ie after you've already created the tape name in the capture tool.  Assuming there's some quickie way in the bin.  Doing an old school offline/online rec-conform process and want to make sure my tape names are clear/efficient for the onliner.

Thanks, Nick.

• Tue, Mar 27 2012 4:22 PM In reply to

• Chepal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • germany
    • Posts 537
    • Points 6,285

Re: Re-naming tapes after capturing/in bin?

hi nick,

it's easy. choose your clip - goto clip_menue_ select modify - choose source and modify your existing_tapename or type in a new_one - select - finished.

che

mac_mc_8, fibre, sata, scsi [view my complete system specs]

peace from germany

• Tue, Mar 27 2012 5:14 PM In reply to

Thanks dude.  Had a feeling it would be easy.  Avid has cutely absurd # of prompts asking if me if I really want to change the source tape.  Yes, I do!

Nick.

• Tue, Mar 27 2012 6:57 PM In reply to

You can also just open the digitize tool and change the tape name from the source list.  That should also populate among any clips referring to that tape.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller