Latest post Wed, Mar 21 2012 5:32 AM by falkenprops. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 21 2012 5:32 AM

• falkenprops
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 13 2006
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 22
    • Points 265

Moving Everything from PC to Mac

I am a hobbiest. I am not a professional editor. I have worked with avid express on my pc for 5 years. I just purchased an iMac   3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 MD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50b) and also purchased Avid MC 5.5... which I updated to 6.0.

I transferred every OMFI file onto the internal terrabit (teribyte?... whatever) drive on my mac and installed all of the Avid project files onto the 250 GB solid state drive.

Now I am trying to clean things up, and there seems to be more OMFI files than are connected to Avid Projects, and a number of Avid Projects that can't find their files.

Remember, I'm not an editor. I just know the program and like making videos for YouTube. I am completely self taught and don't know your terminology very well.  

Is there a big batch action that can link everything together? Then, can I use something like the (AVID_MDV?) PC program that can move some files and projects to an external drive?  

Thanks

Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac12,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Software Mac... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller