Latest post Wed, Apr 18 2012 7:17 AM by Johnny Diesel. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 7 2012 12:36 AM

Multiple sequences open at the same time, with the ability to tab them

It would be great to have more than one sequence open at the same time and to be able to tab them just like bins can be tabbed now.

Filed under: , ,
  • Fri, Mar 9 2012 3:49 AM In reply to

• DylanReeve
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 1,680
    • Points 20,460
    • Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Multiple sequences open at the same time, with the ability to tab them

Matt Devino:

It would be great to have more than one sequence open at the same time and to be able to tab them just like bins can be tabbed now.

Agreed. Seems like it wouldn't be a big hurdle now with the tabbed windows in other parts of the application.

The projects I work in are five episodes at a time, being able to tab between them would be pretty handy at times.

Various systems - including HP Z440 and Z840 workstations Media Composer 2018 [view my complete system specs]

Dylan Reeve - Edit Geek // Online/Offline Editor // Post Production Supervisor
    Auckland, New Zealand

• Fri, Mar 9 2012 4:42 AM In reply to

That feature already exists.

you can have multiple sequences open, and you can flip between them.  there is a drop down menu in the upper right area of the composer window that gives you a list of your open sequences.  on the opposite side of that same window is where you can flip through a list of clips you've loaded into the source window.

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Fri, Mar 9 2012 12:11 PM In reply to

Does MC still zap the Undo list when changing sequences? That's the kind of gotcha you don't forget.

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 18 2012 7:17 AM In reply to

• Johnny Diesel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 29 2007
    • Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 61
    • Points 650

+1

Homebuilt: Win 10 on Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1, Xeon E5-1650 v3 at 3.5 GHZ 6-core, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K. Canopus... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller