Latest post Tue, Feb 14 2012 2:31 PM by chrisveejo. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 9 2012 1:51 PM

AVID DVD

Hi All,

Appreciate this has been covered in a number of posts but I can't seem to get this to work. I've reinstalled AVID DVD 6.1 on a new system, after uninstalling it from the old one. When I launch it, it goes to the Roxio site and tells me it's an invalid product key!! I've followed the other posts to the letter, removing all traces, all registry entries pointing to Roxio and Sonic, but it still won't activate. 

I'm panicking, as I have a client expecting a dupe run of 1000 tomorrow and I can't burn the master. What the heck is going on with this?? Roxio support is non existent. Can anyone help me with this please? I'm desperate. 

Intel Pentium Core i5 760 @ 2.80 GHz ASUS P7P55 WS Motherboard 12 Gig Ram Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit Nvidia Quadro FX580 AVID MC 6.01 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 10 2012 2:55 PM In reply to

Re: AVID DVD

Hi,

Serial numbers can be obtained from this link:

http://apps.avid.com/ThirdPartyTool/

There's also a link for more information on the right side of that page.

If after that you're still stuck, send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com).  She's Avid's customer advocate, and is good at solving these types of problems.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2021.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Feb 14 2012 2:31 PM In reply to

Re: AVID DVD

Thanks Carl but that doesn't work. AVID DVD isn't in the list. I tried putting in my system ID for my AVID MC on the offchance it would throw up something enlightening but all I get is:

Warning Notification:The system ID you entered is not associated with the selected product. Please verify your entry's.

What a surprise. I have all of the serial numbers on the packaging, the problem is that AVID DVD no longer validates. This has really, really p***ed me off and dropped me in the proverbial. I understand that things change, but I've used AVID my entire career and the level of support I've had with this is dire. I'm just goign in circles. I had to download Sony's package to do the job in the end. Foaming. 

Edit: For some weird reason it's just activated. Must have been a problem with Sonic's activation site.... 

Intel Pentium Core i5 760 @ 2.80 GHz ASUS P7P55 WS Motherboard 12 Gig Ram Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit Nvidia Quadro FX580 AVID MC 6.01 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller