Latest post Tue, Jan 3 2012 6:56 PM by maryd. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Dec 4 2011 9:35 PM

• juise15
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 11 2007
    • Posts 339
    • Points 4,415

Dekocast application crashes when loaded

I just purchased a Dekocast and when I try to load the Dekocast application and load any existing files, the program crashes and has to be closed.  Is there a reason for this?

Also, is there a manual or quickstart guide available to help me create crawls, logos, and etc.?  I'm accustomed to the Deko 500 but I don't know anything on here.

Dell Precision T5500 dual Intel Xeon Processor 2.4ghz, 12gb ram. Matrox MXO2 LE with Max. Quadro 5000 graphics card. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 6 2011 3:13 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

Re: Dekocast application crashes when loaded

This is not normal behavior, you have a problem.  You are covered under Customer Support when you purchase a unit.  Please contact them.  The number is 800-639-7364.  If you are not in the U.S. please contact me directly at mary.driscoll@avid.com and I will find the phone number for your region.

There is a Users Guide included with all shipments.  If it has been misplaced you can get it at:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=364271&NewLang=en

It will assist you with the functions of DekoCast, but is not a replacement for training.  I recommend contacting Avid for training after the unit is repaired.

There is also an installation and Users Guide for DekoCast plug-ins if you plan to use them:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=266185&NewLang=en

And Customer Support can guide you to any basic install information that you may need.

• Wed, Dec 21 2011 4:57 PM In reply to

• juise15
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 11 2007
    • Posts 339
    • Points 4,415

I managed to find what was causing the crash, but I don't know why it is.  In the Dekocast application, there is a box that says [1][2][3] for window layout. 

When I use layout 1, the application crashes.  It works fine in the other 2 layouts. 

What are these layouts and why is this happening?

Dell Precision T5500 dual Intel Xeon Processor 2.4ghz, 12gb ram. Matrox MXO2 LE with Max. Quadro 5000 graphics card. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 3 2012 6:56 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

The layouts are just that - different window layouts that were part of the earlier versions of DekoCast.

Clicking on them should not cause a crash.  The only way to resolve this issue would be via Customer Support.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller