Latest post Sat, Nov 12 2011 6:19 AM by TCurren. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 10 2011 6:45 PM

• Doug@Stun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 10 2008
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 37
    • Points 520

Title tool repositioning

We don't use the title tool in Avid much anymore for time stamp on our promo deliveries but a client is asking, as part of their delivery, for the ability to do their date and time promo endpages in the Avid instead of in AfterEffects or Photoshop.  They are complicated time stamps with multiple titles and date and times.  They also have to be very carefully kerned and positioned with multiple type faces.

In our tests whenever we do the positioning and kerning in the title tool it looks great.  As soon as we save the title and it's displayed in the timeline the kerning shifts and the positioning changes.  So now we have to try to anticipate the kerning changes and the positioning changes before we save it.

I know the Avid's title tool has always been a little wanky doing this but it seems worse now then in earlier versions.  I've tried it on multiple Avids with the same result.

Any suggestions? Advice?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Doug

vp of post

Stun Creative

17-Nitris DX Media Composers 8.4 - 4 3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Trashcans, 13 Harpertown MacPro 3.2Ghz 8-Core Intel Xeon Cheesegraters, Mac OS10 v10.12,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Nov 12 2011 6:19 AM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,995
    • Points 37,780

Re: Title tool repositioning

One thing you can do is turn on "preview" under the "object" menu when in title tool. It takes a little longer while you work as it is using full quality mode, but you should see an actual WYSIWYG on screen.

Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller