Latest post Fri, Oct 14 2011 10:55 PM by maryd. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 10 2011 12:11 AM

• idan_p
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 31 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Oblique split screen to 3 parts?

hey there,

i'm trying to make a video with 3 layers. the thing is u'm trying to shape it that way:

------------
    \           /
     \    2   /
      \       /
     1\     /  3
        \   /
         \ /
    ------------

so i need to crop all the videos that way.

i tried using apng and psd shape of reverse triangle (as i tried to draw) but when i used animatte, spectramatte matte key or chroma key i only saw the inside of the triangle (no 2). what am i doing wrong?

• Mon, Oct 10 2011 4:59 AM In reply to

Re: Oblique split screen to 3 parts?

If you want just hard edges then you can do it with "edge wipes - diagonal".

Just disable fixed aspect and play with the height and width settings.

MC 8.8.2 OSX 10.12.3 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 10 2011 5:27 AM In reply to

A Couple of similar ideas

Clip1 and Clip3 cut together on V1 with a 50% held horizontal wipe. Clip 2 on V2 with Triangle Matte Key

or Clip 1 on V1 with 3D warp to aid framing. Clip3 on V2 with 3D warp effect and positioned so 1 and 3 together create a 50% horizontal split on the monitor.  Clip 2 on V3 with triangle matte key to complete desired final image geometry.

• Fri, Oct 14 2011 10:55 PM In reply to

• maryd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 23 2006
    • Posts 12
    • Points 1,895
    • Moderator: Avid Motion Graphics

I think this may be the wrong forum for you.  This is for on air graphics, our Deko and next generation Avid Motion Graphics. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller