Latest post Fri, Sep 9 2011 3:25 PM by testrachan. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 9 2011 3:25 PM

• testrachan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 28 2011
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

MC5.5.2 offline edit, Sony JH3 throwing audio out of sync?

Hey there folks,

Various bits about the JH3 deck out there but none that sorted this question.

I'm working on HP 8600, Adrenaline system. We capture the video from HDCam tapes through the Sony JH3 deck at 14:1. No Audio, or a guide track.

We then import the audio off CF cards, the audio is recorded using Red lockett boxes, and matched with TC for time of day. This is rejammed every 3 hours to maintain accuracy.

Yet in my edit although the timecode syncs automatically, ie. no need to manually mark in the in an out points etc just hit autosync and it works properly. However the sync is normally between spot on and 2 frames out. Most frequently 1 frame fast. I know AVID doesn't guarantee exact accuracy with the auto sync but surely this shouldn't happen so frequently?

I know I could leave it till the dub for sound to fix but I have a feeling it might be the deck throwing out timecode and if I can sort that I would rather do so.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot

Tom

AVID MC 5.5.2

HP 8600 Workstation

Adrenaline

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller