Latest post Fri, Oct 7 2011 3:09 AM by manuelkok. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 19 2011 7:55 PM

• bcoffy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 3 2011
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

Recomposing an Archive

I am testing out an archiving workflow on my PC from Media Composer 5. I moved all files (QT) out of the base folder into another and then moved all the project files out of their base folder it was created in into the same folder so that all media and project files are together. However, when I go to open that project, I get the error, "Assertion failed: FALSE File...\...\src\filesys\CoreWinFileLocator.c, Line: 300.

Am I missing something in the new archive folder? I can hit "continue" and it opens fine but there must be something I'm not moving over.

Thanks.

Bruce 

Filed under: , ,
  • Fri, Aug 19 2011 10:50 PM In reply to

Re: Recomposing an Archive

You mention QT files, were these accessed via AMA or Imported?  

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Sun, Aug 21 2011 11:24 AM In reply to

• bcoffy
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

They were accessed via AMA

• Sun, Aug 21 2011 5:43 PM In reply to

Ok, whenever I backup a project I create a folder named "ProjectName-ARCHIVE"

Then inside that folder I create the following folders:

• ProjectName-Assets
    • ProjectName-AMA
    • ProjectName-MediaFiles

I put all of the AMA footage into the AMA folder and keep it organized the way that it was.

All other assets (gfx, music, etc) go in the Assets folder.

I then copy the Avid Project folder to the same -ARCHIVE folder.  

Using a symbolic link, I can then Consolidate the media to ProjectName-MediaFiles.  

Having the AMA footage folder separated from the Project folder may not be required, but I've had no issues by keeping the separate.  

Maybe try separating your AMA footage from your Project folder?

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Mon, Aug 22 2011 6:02 PM In reply to

• bcoffy
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I just didn't know if there was a file I was missing or if there was some sort of process I wasn't following accurately. 

Kenton.VanNatten:

Ok, whenever I backup a project I create a folder named "ProjectName-ARCHIVE"

Then inside that folder I create the following folders:

• ProjectName-Assets
    • ProjectName-AMA
    • ProjectName-MediaFiles

I put all of the AMA footage into the AMA folder and keep it organized the way that it was. All other assets (gfx, music, etc) go in the Assets folder.

I then copy the Avid Project folder to the same -ARCHIVE folder.  

Using a symbolic link, I can then Consolidate the media to ProjectName-MediaFiles.  

Having the AMA footage folder separated from the Project folder may not be required, but I've had no issues by keeping the separate.  

Maybe try separating your AMA footage from your Project folder?

• Fri, Oct 7 2011 3:09 AM In reply to

• manuelkok
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 7 2011
    • Posts 8
    • Points 110

Hi, I am an hobbist in doing video editing. Lately, a friend of mine asked me if I can help to resolve a similar issue mentioned by Bruce (bcoffy). My friend has a PC with MC5.5.3 installed. The same msg pops out whenever we try to start a project created in MC5.5, the box with an exclaimation mark says:

Exception: FATAL_ERROR, msg: Assertion failed: FALSE, file:../../src/filesys/CoreWinFileLocator.c, line:300

I have no idea what this means. This seems to result in the program not able to open the Bins that has been created previously. As my friend recalled, the MC5.5 on his PC was running into issue related to insufficient permissions to the AVID ATTIC folders, but after checking the folders' access rights in the properties boxes, this has been resolved. So, I wonder if there has anything to do with the permissions to access the folders? What does it mean by Assertion failed? Can I fix it? I don't think he has been moving any media files around, except moving the project file itself which is located inside separate folder.

Some media files not all of them has been directly ingested via AMA volume, however at this stage, it is hard to trace which media files was imported with transcoded to Avid codec, and which ones were imported via AMA. This project is huge with many media files attached to it. Please can anyone gently give me some advice? Thanks so much! 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller