Latest post Wed, Jul 13 2011 2:07 PM by jwrl. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 13 2011 12:57 PM

• Typhon2007
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Sep 4 2010
    • Brussels - Belgium
    • Posts 83
    • Points 1,025

AJA IO Express how record a voice over?

Hi.

I'm used to work with a Mojo SDI and a USB Pre (version1 - win XP only) for voice over.

I'd like to know how avid and the IO Express work with an usb audio interface.

Will I be able to see my audio interface in the capture drop list? Will I have to exit the program, eject the IO Express and restart to record through USB?

Any experience in that domain will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thierry

15x z420 - MC 8.7.2 - ISIS 5500 3x64TB - Interplay 3.5 - ProTools 12.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 13 2011 1:38 PM In reply to

Re: AJA IO Express how record a voice over?

We were unable to figure out how to get a USB interface to work with the IO express because you can't switch to IEEE in the Special>device menu like you can with the Mojo or Matrox box.

But we did figure out a way to record scratch VO with the IO Express. Here's how we did it.

We have a Microphone running into a Presonus TubePre Pre-amp (any preamp should do) then from that we take the XLR and adapt it down to RCA and send it to this Analog to HDMI Converter.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038P58HY

only 50 bucks.

This converts the analog audio to an HDMI signal. The only problem is that the converter won't convert unless it's getting a component video signal. Luckily for us, we have the component out of the AJA running to our video monitor and it has a loop through that we then send back to this Converter. Then we hooked up the converter via HDMI to the HDMI in of the AJA.  Then in the capture tool, just choose the HDMI input and record away.

With cables and converter, we spent less than $100 dollars. (we already had the pre-amp and mic)

Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 13 2011 2:07 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,419
    • Points 97,410

Re: AJA IO Express how record a voice over?

This one might be better,  It's cheaper because it doesn't have S-video in - only $42.88

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller