Latest post Thu, Jun 9 2011 12:55 PM by Job ter Burg. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 9 2011 9:36 AM

• Czar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 9 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Batch Import Autosynced Clips

I have crashed a hard drive with all Media Files of my Project.

But that is not even the worst thing. I still have the original material and now I want batch import everything.

The Problem: Material is from 5D and the audio track contains a Timecode so that I can autosync to seperate recorded audiofiles.

I can batch the Videoclips without a problem but of course without sound. Now I have a bunch of sequences without sound. And I see no way to link audio and video together again. I don't even now how to match frame a audioclip in the timeline.

I'm using Media Composer 5. Maybe you can help me out of this misery.

• Thu, Jun 9 2011 11:47 AM In reply to

Re: Batch Import Autosynced Clips

You need not batch import the synced clips, but ratherbatch import the master clips they are referring to. Then the synced clips and the sequences you used them in will automatically be filled with that same media again. Matchframing to the source sound simply a question of hitting matchframe, and then, with the synced clip loaded in the source monitor, deselect the V-track and hit matchframe again. I wouod first open the original bins in which you imported the pictue and sound clips, select all offline items and batch import them.
    Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 9 2011 12:07 PM In reply to

• Czar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 9 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Thank you very much. I have discovered that I can solve the problem by my own, the same way you describe me. But there was one thing left confusing: I had to choose a new file directory for every file i wanted to batchimport. Especially the autosynced Audioclips have a completely different name in avid. Is there a way to speed up this a bit?

• Thu, Jun 9 2011 12:55 PM In reply to

Most of the time, if you select all the clips in the Batch Import window, then point the first one in the batch to the right file, all other clips from the same source folder will be found automatically.
    Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller