Latest post Wed, Jun 11 2014 1:05 AM by Steve Clark. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 7 2011 7:23 PM

Cannot consolidate XDCAM HD disc - AMAMapper::GetSampleSize

Hi there Aviders,

problem;

Linking to an XDCAM HD disc through a Sony PDW-U1.  I can mount it in AMA and see the media, the bin fills up yellow.  I go to play the footage i get the error: "AMAMapper::GetSampleSize()" followed by "Unexpected AME status [-2147418113]."  The source monitor where i am trying to preview the footage now is black with the words "DISK_EOF". 

I try to consolidate to my local storage and i get the same error. 

I try to copy the contents of the disc to a new folder on my desktop and i cannot copy - i get the error "An Internal error occured".  The only folder which will not copy is the "Clip" folder where the media is contained.  The XML files will copy but not the MXFs.  So there is a problem with the media. 

Why can't i copy or consolidate this footage?  I've been AMAing all day long with identical discs and have the correct plugins installed. 

On occasion the U1 spat the disc out and sometimes it lost it's link to the media.  The previous shift had managed to transcode to 20:1 for offline so it managed this - it seems to be in copying situations . 

Has anyone seen this before?  I'm going to try Sony's Clip Browser software now, to see if i can fix it.  Any other thoughts?

Running MC Adrenaline 4.0.5 on an HP XW 8400.

Thanks for any ideas!

Andi

HP ZBook G5 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 Nvidia Quadro P2000 4GB 32GB Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2018.12.7 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2014) 2.5GHz... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Tue, Jun 7 2011 8:09 PM In reply to

Re: Cannot consolidate XDCAM HD disc - AMAMapper::GetSampleSize

Sony Clip Browser to the rescue!  Used the Copy All function in the Edit menu to copy the disc contents to another folder.  I could then link that folder through AMA and consolidate fine.  That little piece of free software really is a little miracle, it should be on every assistants USB stick!

Still, anyone know what causes the above error, some sort of permissions thing maybe?

HP ZBook G5 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 Nvidia Quadro P2000 4GB 32GB Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2018.12.7 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2014) 2.5GHz... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 7 2011 8:14 PM In reply to

• Kristina
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 28 2010
    • Germany
    • Posts 462
    • Points 5,590

Hi,

EOF means end of file. I guess you were right, that there is something wrong with the media itself on this disc. If all other discs are working fine...

Does the mxf-files have any size in win explorer or does they show up with 0kb? Are all clips affected?

Best regards,

Kristina

several z800 and xw8600 Nitris DX, MC v.5.5.3, Win XP Prof SP3, ISIS-5000 16TB with Force 10 Switch 10Gig, several MOG S1010 ingest servers, several EVS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 7 2011 8:51 PM In reply to

Hi Kristina,

all the clips show a decent size,  and they all have a problem with copying so maybe something far more complicated than i can think of, something corrupt in the actual MXF file perhaps?  Or maybe some camera setting that i don't know about.  Anyway, glad to know there's a workaround, maybe that will get someone else out of a spot.   

cheers,

Andi

• Wed, Jun 11 2014 1:05 AM In reply to

• Steve Clark
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 3 2011
    • Melbourne, AU
    • Posts 74
    • Points 815

Hi All,

AMAMapper::GetSampleSize() Unexpected AME status [-2147418113]

Just a note that this is still a problem in 2014 for those of us sadly working in a facility stuck on Media Composer 4.0.5

Workstation has XDCAM Drive Utility Software 5.0.0 and PDW-U1 drive has been updated to Firmwatre 2.600 via the utility.

Note that AMA plugins cant be updated on MC ver 4.0.5

XDCAM AMA works fine with footage shot on a PDW-700 camera (Version 1.670)

XDCAM AMA fails with the message above when accessing footage shot on a PDW-F800 camera (Version 1.830)

Thankfully, MXF files from the F800 can be Imported directly from the U1. So not a total disaster if you have time to work without AMA.

Lenovo C30 1095CTO Dual Xeon E5-2640 (12 Cores @ 2.50Ghz) Nvidia Quadro 4000 32Gb RAM OCZ Vertex 4 SSD system drive. Avid RTR-320x VideoRAID ATTO UL5D... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller