Latest post Tue, May 31 2011 8:38 PM by dor. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 31 2011 7:39 AM

• dor
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Israel
    • Posts 596
    • Points 7,585

Relinking AMA doesn't work fo rme..

Hi

I did a search and tried erything I could found here but I guess I am missing something..

Project with AMA DV files (they all came as AVI)

Everything worked well untill I had to move all media to another disk.

Since then all media went offline.. I have tried to reimport the AMA

Relinking the sequence,  relinikng to selected,

Relinking of Import/AMA clips (with and without match case)

Any res + current project only

No tape names were given

I guess I am still missing something.

MC 2018.4 + MXO2 mini. CPU I7 2600K + 32GB RAM. Nvidia GTX970 driver 388.71. QT.7.7.9 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 31 2011 8:44 AM In reply to

• Brian Suttie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Edinburgh, Scotland
    • Posts 917
    • Points 11,570

Re: Relinking AMA doesn't work fo rme..

It could be as simple as a different drive letter.  Can you remember what drive letter the original drive had?

If so try changing the current drive to that letter in disk management.

regards

Brian

"We'll fix it in post"
    "This is post"
    "aaaahh"

• Tue, May 31 2011 9:19 AM In reply to

With media you don't import (or capture) into Avid (and therefore make nice Avid manageable Avid media for) it's important the path to that external media is maintained.

This applied to Pan and Zoom media as well as AMA source files.

Avid isn't managing that media so it's important it stays in the place Avid linked to it initially.

That's why it's important the folder structures and organization is done before it's used in Avid and it's then not changed.

Drive letters on PC's should be noted and stored in a .txt file at the root of the drive so the drive can always be mounted back on that drive letter (choose one that won't clash with CD's etc)

However if the path can't be restored it should be possibel to re-mount the AMA volumes in Avid again by navigating back to the folders and re-mounting each folders (I've made a feature request to Avid for a smarter AMA mounting from the root of a drive down automatically!)

As the folders come back and open any AMA clips in sequences should come back on line.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Tue, May 31 2011 12:40 PM In reply to

• dor
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Israel
    • Posts 596
    • Points 7,585

Many thanks for your posts, but it didn't work.

I have restored the full original path and no good.

Also tried to mount the  volumes again. (with both "new" and "old" drive letters)

Sequence is still offline

MC 2018.4 + MXO2 mini. CPU I7 2600K + 32GB RAM. Nvidia GTX970 driver 388.71. QT.7.7.9 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 31 2011 1:46 PM In reply to

So if you find an offline clip in your sequence and do find clip and then find bin does a bin open and is the clip offline?

What info is shown for that offline clip in terms of original source path?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

-

Filed under:
  • Tue, May 31 2011 4:15 PM In reply to

• dor
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Israel
    • Posts 596
    • Points 7,585

Hi

Thanks again for your reply.

We needed to go forward with the editing to be ready on time.. so I imported again and replaced all offline media with new AMA files..

I can remember that the "disk" raw was emtry in the offline AMA BIN. No drive was lthere

• Tue, May 31 2011 5:13 PM In reply to

dor:

Hi

Thanks again for your reply.

We needed to go forward with the editing to be ready on time.. so I imported again and replaced all offline media with new AMA files..

I can remember that the "disk" raw was emtry in the offline AMA BIN. No drive was lthere

Imported again? Was this an AMA or imported media? This is a key difference.

AMA media isn't imported. The folders are just mount and give Avid access to the AMA source files (and hence the AMA clips in that bin must have a source path to indicate the lcoation of the AMA files)

Imported media files make new Avid media and nolonger care about where the original source files where, But they still retain the path to the original imports so that a batch re-import command will show the original file name and path.

-

Filed under:
  • Tue, May 31 2011 8:38 PM In reply to

• dor
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Israel
    • Posts 596
    • Points 7,585

linked AMA files again..

no import..

sorry

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller