Latest post Sat, May 7 2011 9:07 PM by Marianna. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 7 2011 3:22 PM

Quick transistion will not work...

Quick transistion icon will not open. If I go to trim mode, it will open but will not add a transistion. The clip is over  a minute long so I don't get why it can't grab any handles.

What is the best training for this stuff?

• Sat, May 7 2011 3:43 PM In reply to

Re: Quick transistion will not work...

Your mouse pointer is not pointing at the Quick Transitions icon, are you pressing the wrong button?  

If you press \ on the default keyboard that should open the Quick Transition tool.  

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Sat, May 7 2011 4:16 PM In reply to

• Leo153
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 1 2007
    • Lenox, MA
    • Posts 408
    • Points 5,070

5th icon to the right on the timeline.

I had a problem in MC5 with the new effect transistion feature. The forum had me delete my user settings and aftre that all was well. leo

MC 2018.12, BCC 10, Nvidia Quadro K4200,ver.340.84, QT 7.7.4, HP Z840 3.06 12 core, 32 Gig RAM, G-Tech G-Speed eS, 12 TB RAID5, GTech Studio 6TB Thunderbolt... [view my complete system specs]

• Sat, May 7 2011 4:25 PM In reply to

Quick transitions is also the tab key with the backslash on it just above the enter key on the qwerty section of the keyboard.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, May 7 2011 4:30 PM In reply to

Leo153:
    I had a problem in MC5 with the new effect transistion feature.

The Transition Manipulator SmartTool was introduced in v5.5.  The screenshot shows v5 because it has the Audio Keyframe Manipulator tool in the SmartTool.  

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Sat, May 7 2011 9:07 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,619
    • Points 223,340
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

mistersq55:
    The clip is over  a minute long so I don't get why it can't grab any handles.

Do you mean that the clip in the source monitor is over 1 minute long?

If you don't physically mark in and out points to create handles, it won't have any handles.

In case you are not sure of this "handles" expression as used in MC please watch the following Tutorial of mine to get an explanation.

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller