Latest post Fri, May 6 2011 11:01 PM by Kenton.VanNatten. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 6 2011 10:38 PM

Quick transistion icon will not open

It just "beeps" at me, every time. I hope this software is not buggy.

1. The demo training software shows the guy selecting a spot near a new clip, clicking on the icon and a window opens to adjust the effect. Well, none of the that works for me. I did it exactly as in the training video.

2. What is this "handle" nonsense? The training video does not have that issue. Is this another issue just with Media?

• Fri, May 6 2011 11:01 PM In reply to

Re: Quick transistion icon will not open

mistersq55:
    1. The demo training software shows the guy selecting a spot near a new clip, clicking on the icon and a window opens to adjust the effect. Well, none of the that works for me. I did it exactly as in the training video.

Do you have the track enabled?

mistersq55:
    2. What is this "handle" nonsense? The training video does not have that issue. Is this another issue just with Media?

You need handles on your clips to do most transitions.  If you want to apply a centered 30 frame dissolve between two clips, then you need 15 frames of extra material available on the outgoing clip and the also 15 frames of extra material on the incoming clip.  If you're up against the clip's head or tail ends, then you don't have enough handles to perform the dissolve.  

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller