Latest post Tue, Apr 19 2011 8:24 PM by Leo153. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 19 2011 6:45 PM

• MAC HOLLAND
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 9 2006
    • Holland Landing Ontario
    • Posts 740
    • Points 9,305

Punch in From Mixer

I have pluged in a XENYX1204USB mixer.  I'm working to figure out how to capture audio direct to AVID from this. Can it be done...will AVID see a USB ausio devide and record from it?

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 4.08 Asus P6T6 WS Revolution Intel X58 LGA1366 Motherboard Intel Core i7 920 Processor BX80601920 - 2.66GHz, LGA 1366, 4.8GT/s QPI... [view my complete system specs]

MAC HOLLAND
    YORK REGION - ONTARIO

• Tue, Apr 19 2011 8:24 PM In reply to

• Leo153
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 1 2007
    • Lenox, MA
    • Posts 412
    • Points 5,135

Re: Punch in From Mixer

MAC HOLLAND:

I have pluged in a XENYX1204USB mixer.  I'm working to figure out how to capture audio direct to AVID from this. Can it be done...will AVID see a USB ausio devide and record from it?

I have a Mackie Onyx 1220 w/ the Firewire (FW) card, but never got it to talk to Avid via FW. I'm also running an Avid Mojo which is on it's own PCI FW card. But even with the Mackie on it's own FW bus Avid didn't see it. I bought a Mbox2 USB box and ran my Mackie though it via analog inputs (S/PDIF also) and the box shows up in Media Composer. I have my Mojo SDI audio out feeding a channel on the Mackie. When I do a punch-in with a live mic I have two options, either run the mic into the MBox or into the Mackie. I prefer the second way because I have access to the Perkins EQ on the board.

So while I was disappointed about no Mackie FW, I was pleased with the Mbox. My guess is that you need a USB interface when using a Mojo so there is no FW conflict, but that will probably change as 3rd party hardware is compatable with Composer. I'll be changing to a Euphonix/Avid mixer control soon. That interface conects to the system via your router without a device driver (ECON). I'm pretty sure I'll be able to use my Mackie & Euphonix/Avid board on the same system.

Hope that helped some.

Leo

MC 2018.12, BCC 10, Nvidia Quadro K4200,ver.340.84, QT 7.7.4, HP Z840 3.06 12 core, 32 Gig RAM, G-Tech G-Speed eS, 12 TB RAID5, GTech Studio 6TB Thunderbolt... [view my complete system specs]

Filed under: , , ,
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller