Latest post Thu, Apr 21 2011 6:13 AM by Odd Duck. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 19 2011 12:16 PM

• Odd Duck
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 19 2011
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

5.5.1 Match frame from audio track of subclip points to incorrect frame

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 9.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Verdana} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 9.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Verdana; min-height: 15.0px}

First time caller, long time listener... Wondering if anyone has experienced Match Frame on MC 5.5.1 going wacky...? 

This occurs when I Match Frame from the audio track of a subclip in my sequence.

Mostly (some clips are fine, some are not) on clips with one track of audio, our subclips match frame from the audio track to a completetly different frame in the source monitor.

Match Framing from picture track finds the correct frame. Not a solution when dialogue editing...

Subclips with multiple tracks of audio seem to match frame OK... Seems to be the single audio track subclips.

We're on a 1080/24p double system sound - Film project - mostly PC (Avid MC 5.5.1 / PC: HP xw8400 -- MS Windows XP Pro SP 3), problem also occurs on my Mac (Various set-ups). Have tested the subclips and bins on older versions of v5 and it seems the problem is baked into the clip. Flushed project settings, reindexed, re-imported audio...

We also use the read-audio TC feature to find our playback sync points. Not sure if this is causing conflict to the sequence used to create the non-playback subclips...

Have tried resyncing the clip, this causes the same problem. Creating a new sequence, re-importing the audio files and resyncing seems to work. But whats not to say they will corrupt again... especially if this is an odd relink bug reappearing?!?!

Brain explosions!

Luca

• Wed, Apr 20 2011 11:30 AM In reply to

Re: 5.5.1 Match frame from audio track of subclip points to incorrect frame

Just a basic suggestion first.

Have you tried with freshly created user settings? If you've "updated" user setting from an early version of MC this could be the cause.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Thu, Apr 21 2011 6:13 AM In reply to

• Odd Duck
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 19 2011
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Re: 5.5.1 Match frame from audio track of subclip points to incorrect frame

Hi Pat,

Gave that a try but no luck. I blew away every possible setting.

I think I have found the culprit and replicated the problem on multiple occassions...

On audio import settings, avoid the Autodetect Broadcast Wave Groups and centre pan options... Toggling to OFF seems to fix it. I've yet to test this on a Mac, or earlier versions of MC 5. When I get some more time I'll try to isolate it. It may be possible that the sound recording device '744T' is doing something MC 5.5 doesn't like... not sure...

For now, everything is going fine, minimal amount of resynching fixes, and nothing has corrupted.

*whew*

Luca

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller