Latest post Fri, Apr 8 2011 5:42 PM by Andrew Golibersuch. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 8 2011 5:42 PM

Want to discuss workflows?

Hey everyone,

I've been using Avid for just over 5 years now, so I've developed a bit of a workflow. My guess is I am missing out on some serious stuff.  I'm a senior about to head out to LA this June, and I'd like to give my editing skills a serious tune up.  Plus, I have the problem of being forced to use Final Cut on my last major project, so my editing brain is still slightly scrambled.

I work in the edit suites at my school as tech support and I was sick of people asking me how to do every little thing, so I made a "basics of media composer" video series.  In total it is about 40 minutes, but I feel like a non user could do a lot with what I go over.  I didn't have Avid 5 at the time, but I do now. Here is a link:

http://vimeo.com/andygsuch

I'd love to discuss workflows with anyone.  I admit if you are a professional I probably have more to learn from you then you do from me, but as a young Avid enthusiast maybe I have a slightly different perspective and can point something out you never though about.  By the way... those videos aren't the sum of my Avid knowledge.

While this forum provides an excellent place for conversation, I would also be happy to chat via skype as the conversation could flow and would likely be more productive.

Cheers!

Q6600 2.8 quad core, 8800GT (although I JUST bought an upgrade coming in mail), 4GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller