Latest post Thu, Apr 7 2011 5:16 PM by SoncoChairman. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 7 2011 4:36 AM

CAPTURE ERROR AND ABORT

I use AVID DV Xpress Pro on PC and I just got my system returned from repair.  As I attempted to capture footage the timecode in the capture window froze, the levels in the audio tool froze, but the picture was normal for two minutes and then a message appeared which read:  Capture Aborted due to video overrun.

This has happened every time I try to capture since.  Can any tell me how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

• Thu, Apr 7 2011 12:54 PM In reply to

Re: CAPTURE ERROR AND ABORT

What drive are you capturing to? How full is that drive? You can use the hardware tool to monitor the occupied/available space on all drives in your system. That error is usually indicative of a drive that is close to or at full capacity (85 to 99%). And I hope you are not capturing media to your system C: drive. Media should ALWAYS be written to a separate drive other than the system drive, either internal, external or a RAID array.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Apr 7 2011 5:16 PM In reply to

Re: CAPTURE ERROR AND ABORT

I am capturing a separate drive (F) which is about 45% free.  However, I did try capturing to my third drive and I was able to do so successfully.  I decided to clean up the F drive to see if more space would help but it didn't.  It seems like just the F drive is acting up.  Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller