Latest post Tue, Apr 5 2011 6:05 AM by Kristina. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 4 2011 7:56 PM

• avidgrl10
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 21 2010
    • Posts 7
    • Points 105

XDCam Footage Media Offline

I am having a problem with the Avid in which, when I insert an XDCam into the deck, the file pops open in a bin but the media is offline.  I try to relink the media but Avid doesn't seem to recognize the XDCam drive.  It shows up on the computer itself, just not Avid.  Any clues as to how to fix this?  It was working fine before I had to rebuild my system, but this is the first time I've tried loading footage from an XDCam and was wondering if I am missing a codec or something?

Thanks!

Running Windows Vista

Avid 4.0.5

• Tue, Apr 5 2011 6:05 AM In reply to

• Kristina
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 28 2010
    • Germany
    • Posts 462
    • Points 5,590

Re: XDCam Footage Media Offline

Which deck are you using? Have you installed fam-driver of that deck after system rebuild?

Could you import the clips from deck via disc folder structure into avid? Look for the "clip" folder, where the high-res is stored.

Is it the same disc, that worked before system rebuild? What codec is on it? Tried another disc that definitely worked before?

Best regards,

Kristina

several z800 and xw8600 Nitris DX, MC v.5.5.3, Win XP Prof SP3, ISIS-5000 16TB with Force 10 Switch 10Gig, several MOG S1010 ingest servers, several EVS... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller