Latest post Fri, Apr 1 2011 8:38 PM by MAC HOLLAND. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 1 2011 1:12 PM

• tnuzzolo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 1 2011
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

HD+DVD Workflow --> Youtube

Looking for a workflow that takes me from inputs:
    Hd Canon Vixia Hd30 + DVD files + .wav file --> Youtube live music video.

I have tried various combinations of mpegstreamclip and handbrake and sorenson with Media Composer 5 on my Dell 750 workstation with Win7 OS.

I did get an entire pass up through loading it on Youtube and there was considerable blockiness once doing this.  It had looked great playing it on QT on my workstation.

Not sure where the issues occur.  even with the above, the video had 'stripes' across the drumsticks and where-ever there was band member movement.  

thank you in advance for your help.

• Fri, Apr 1 2011 3:31 PM In reply to

• Zac Hogle
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 30 2010
    • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    • Posts 788
    • Points 9,745

Re: HD+DVD Workflow --> Youtube

Hi tnuzzolo,

Welcome to the forums!

If your file looks good on your computer, my guess is that this has something to do with the way that YouTube is encoding the file (the processing part of the upload process). Check to see what resolution you're playing the file back at on YouTube and make sure it is the highest. If the problem persists, you may want to re-encode your file on your computer before uploading to make it more YouTube friendly. I usually go with a MP4 file with the H.264 codec.

Hope this helps!

Z

• Fri, Apr 1 2011 8:38 PM In reply to

• MAC HOLLAND
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 9 2006
    • Holland Landing Ontario
    • Posts 740
    • Points 9,305

Re: HD+DVD Workflow --> Youtube

I export as quictime from AVID, then compress with sorensons yout-tube specific codec --- great results!

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 4.08 Asus P6T6 WS Revolution Intel X58 LGA1366 Motherboard Intel Core i7 920 Processor BX80601920 - 2.66GHz, LGA 1366, 4.8GT/s QPI... [view my complete system specs]

MAC HOLLAND
    YORK REGION - ONTARIO

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller