Latest post Tue, May 10 2011 12:49 AM by Larry Rubin. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 8 2011 4:30 PM In reply to

Re: I have no sound...

As has been pointed out, you definitely have audio present in the source tracks of your clip, as indicated by the presence of audio waveforms. Press the toggle source button on the timeline tool, display the sequence in the timeline instead of the source, and verify that you have waveforms there as well. And as Job asked, did you check that the source sample rates match the project sampling rate? If they do not, have you switched "convert sample rates when playing" to "always"? Are you sure your audio monitoring system is working correctly? Do you have any additional audio hardware, like a mixing board? Is your audio monitoring muted out in the OS?

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, May 8 2011 4:33 PM In reply to

And when you switch the display to the sequence timeline, please open the triangle next to the timecode window on the upper left of the timeline window and do another screen grab, so we can see the additional audio status indicators.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, May 8 2011 4:52 PM In reply to

And as has been pointed out from a screen grab of your sequence timeline in a duplicated (and deleted) thread, you have NO AUDIO content in your A1 and A2 audio tracks. They are completely empty - no clips. Post a new screen grab here, please.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, May 10 2011 12:38 AM In reply to

The source file has sound. I added the source file to the timeline. The record side, right side, does not have sound. The audio conversion is set to "always". I just don't get it.

• Tue, May 10 2011 12:49 AM In reply to

Becuase you still do not have any audio content in the timeline on the record side, which is what you are looking at now in this screen grab - the audio is completely empty. Do this. Mark your first video clip in the timeline with "mark clip" (T key). Now, go to the mark in point (Q Key). Map the match frame function from the command palette to either a button or the keyboard and click it. Now, press the "B" key to add the audio tracks into your timeline below the video track. Repeat the procedure for each clip in the timeline.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller