Latest post Tue, Mar 15 2011 10:15 AM by Brian Suttie. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 15 2011 6:29 AM

• Trixi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 25 2008
    • Posts 14
    • Points 165

JVC Everio's .mts footage in dnxhd has bad Interlacing

I just finished converting my JVC's .mts AVCHD files to DNxHD, and when viewing them realized they have terrible interlacing issues - that thing where a truck drives by and its all stripes a fraction of a second apart.

How do I deal with this?  I am converting to 1080i/59.97, the same settings it was filmed in.  Is it a permanent part of the video I wasn't aware of when watching playback on the camera?  Or is it my conversion settings?  I have no way to watch the .mts footage in its raw state except in the camera itself.

If it is in the video, is there anything I can do to minimize it?  Ether way, what are my options?

Thanks in advance!

Avid Express Pro HD v5.2.4 Windows XP Home 5.1.26 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM 270 Gb used space, 30 Gb free space 1Tb external Hd with external power source Total... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 15 2011 10:15 AM In reply to

• Brian Suttie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edinburgh, Scotland
    • Posts 917
    • Points 11,570

Re: JVC Everio's .mts footage in dnxhd has bad Interlacing

If you have kept them at the original size then it shouldn't be a problem at all if you are creating output for viewing on interlaced displays - i.e. CRT TVs or Plasma / LCD TVs.

But if you are creating something for viewing on a display that doesn't understand interlacing e.g. a computer display, then you will need to de-interlace your footage. 

regards

Brian

"We'll fix it in post"
    "This is post"
    "aaaahh"

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller