Latest post Sat, Feb 26 2011 1:06 AM by hbrock. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 25 2011 8:50 AM

• Steve K.
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Do I need to uninstall Avid FX and Boris AVX when upgrading/installing 5.0.3.X?

Hi,

Thanks in advance for reading my post.  I'm attempting to upgrade from Media Composer 5 to 5.0.3.8 and I'm unsure if I also need to uninstall the Avid FX 5.8 and Boris Continuum AVX 6.0.  I believe I've properly uninstalled AMC 5 (I ran all the Avid uninstallers) but I can't find any information on what to do about the FX packages.

If anyone who has gone thru this process can shed any light or make any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.  I recently loaded AMC 5 directly from the disks onto a new Mac Pro with Snow Leopard 10.6.6 (3.33ghz 6-core, 12gb RAM, ATI Radeon 5770) and did not know that I would have to uninstall in order to upgrade.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Steve K. in L.A.

Mac Pro 3.33ghz 6-core/ ATI Radeon HD 5770/ 12gb RAM (3x4gb)/ 2 x 3TB HItachi 7K3000 RAID-0/ Snow Leopard/ Avid Media Composer 5.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 25 2011 3:31 PM In reply to

• Steve K.
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Re: Do I need to uninstall Avid FX and Boris AVX when upgrading/installing 5.0.3.8?

Hi again,

I realize that this information (whether it is necessary to uninstall Avid and Boris FX during upgrade) may be out there in the ether somewhere but I can't seem to find the answer.  If anybody has already uninstalled and then reinstalled Media Composer could you tell me how you handled the FX packages.

Thank you in advance.

Steve K. in L.A.

Mac Pro 3.33ghz 6-core/ ATI Radeon HD 5770/ 12gb RAM (3x4gb)/ 2 x 3TB HItachi 7K3000 RAID-0/ Snow Leopard/ Avid Media Composer 5.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Feb 26 2011 1:06 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,541
    • Points 64,320
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Do I need to uninstall Avid FX and Boris AVX when upgrading/installing 5.0.3.8?

I don't think so but if the versions you have of Avid FX and Boris haven't changed you could just re-install without uninstalling if something doesn't work.  Not necessarily true if the versions are not identical.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller