Latest post Mon, Feb 21 2011 6:20 AM by Job ter Burg. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 20 2011 11:22 PM

• mrwill
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 4 2010
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85

MC 5.5 with Matrox Mini and Mbox Pro?

Hi,

I´m thinking of working with MC 5.5 and the new ProTools 9 on the same Mac Pro. Would be great to have the same setup for both applications. But: Will it be possible to split sound and video in MC 5.5? Can I use a Mbox Pro for the sound output and a Matrox Mxo2 mini for video?

I know, MC 5.5 is not out yet, but probably anybody has been thinking about too...

Thx, w

• Mon, Feb 21 2011 12:06 AM In reply to

Re: MC 5.5 with Matrox Mini and Mbox Pro?

mrwill:
    Matrox Mxo2 mini for video?
    From an earlier conversations I had with Matrox the Mini will not (would not at the time) work with Protools. It had been tried unsuccesfully and the product manager had suggested that they MAY need to look at it again.

I have been using a Blackmagic card (PCIe) with both on a Mac Pro for a long time now.

The Aja box MAY be a more flexible option than the MXO with  5.5 and PT9 for video.  5.5 says it will work with most of the Digi IO hardware so you may be in luck with the Mbox pro, I am sure looking forward to trying5.5 with a Digi 96 IO

• Mon, Feb 21 2011 4:39 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,541
    • Points 64,320
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Mon, Feb 21 2011 6:20 AM In reply to

hbrock:

Especially:

1. Can I use my ProTools I/O hardware with my Avid Video I/O hardware (ie. can I have my Nitris DX and my 3rd Generation Avid Mbox attached to my Media Composer at the same time?)
      • No, you can not use ProTools I/O hardware with Video I/O hardware. In order to use ProTools I/O hardware, you must be in software only or 1394 mode in Media Composer.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller