Latest post Thu, Feb 23 2006 7:13 AM by TCurren. 51 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (52 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 8 2006 10:35 PM

• Arthur Klein
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica CA
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,790

Surprise [:O] 5.2.2 bug with 002 during Audio Initialization

5.2.2 bug with 002 during Audio Initialization. When loading Avid Xpress 5.2.2 it hangs during Audio Initialization when 002 is on and connected. This problem is interemitant and doesnt happen when 002 is turned off. I have done the Boot.ini fix and still cant seem to track down why... Has anyone else seen this? BTW Clock Cable is connected and i can get the system to work about 50% of the time by reboot and or powering down 002 and mojo. Mojo just doesnt seem to see 002 sometimes during startup... but works fine if the init works...

Any suggestions what to try?
  • Thu, Feb 9 2006 6:13 AM In reply to

• Arthur Klein
    • Not Ranked
    • Santa Monica CA
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,790

Re: 5.2.2 bug with 002 during Audio Initialization

Some additional info... when Avid locks up on loading at the Audio Initialazition and after i turn the 002 off i can then delete the Avid.exe process and i get the following error message...

Exception ADM_ASIO_UNABLE_TO_SET_EXT_SYNC_SOURCE_FILE\PPG\ULSHELL2.0\CORE CLASSES\APLICATION.C,LINE:3286

• Thu, Feb 9 2006 6:20 AM In reply to

• Arthur Klein
    • Not Ranked
    • Santa Monica CA
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,790

• Thu, Feb 9 2006 9:17 PM In reply to

• Arthur Klein
    • Not Ranked
    • Santa Monica CA
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,790

is anyone from avid out there... Tony has anyone seen this issue before and is there a fix... do you need to turn the mojo on after boot and then the 002 what is the hardware initialization sequence you suggest for power up... is this a 5.2.2 bug that is being addressed... inquiring minds want to know!
  • Fri, Feb 10 2006 8:11 PM In reply to

• Arthur Klein
    • Not Ranked
    • Santa Monica CA
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,790

Confused [*-)] Re: 5.2.2 bug with 002 during Audio Initialization

I believe i have found a work around... If I boot the computer with both mojo off and 002 off... Then turn on the Mojo and wait for the tone reflecting a new 1394 device is recognized then do same for 002, Avid loads fine.

so power up sequance CPU then Mojo then 002 seems to make the proper initialaztion work..
    Go Figure!
  • Sat, Feb 11 2006 4:08 AM In reply to

• Arthur Klein
    • Not Ranked
    • Santa Monica CA
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,790

Angry [:@] Re: 5.2.2 bug with 002 during Audio Initialization

Tonight Problem is back... I cant figure it out ... Any adventurous avid engineer out there that i can email the dump, exception files to?
  • Sun, Feb 12 2006 4:13 AM In reply to

• PAN-KB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 12 2006
    • Posts 6
    • Points 105

Hello! I have a similar problem when launching  Xpress Pro HD, it hangs when it comes to "Initializing Audio" and a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime error!" message pops up. I have done some research on the web, and I have found out that I might be using an "old" mojo or something, and that could be a reason for why the digi002 has problems with the mojo. The letters CLK are missing on it, so the clock sync thing might not work. But funny that my mojo worked fine with the old Studio complete.

I hope someone can help us! I have spent so much money on my avid system, and it doesn't even work. I was looking forward to editing HD, but no - there is ALWAYS a problem. I'll try contacting avid some more and if they can't help I'll use my sledgehammer on it, and see if that works - it would be oh so wrong, but oh so good. ;)
    "If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have luck at all"
  • Sun, Feb 12 2006 5:28 AM In reply to

• Arthur Klein
    • Not Ranked
    • Santa Monica CA
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,790

yup you have the same bug... i have mojo that has clock marked on back and still have the same problem some of the time... I wish avid would acknoledge they have read this thread and are checking with tech support and the engineers.
  • Sun, Feb 12 2006 6:17 AM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,994
    • Points 37,755

Hey Arthur,

Don't you feel like you purchased the abandoned stepchild?
    Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Sun, Feb 12 2006 10:46 AM In reply to

• Julos
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 11 2006
    • Simmelsdorf (germany)
    • Posts 31
    • Points 375

AW: Re: 5.2.2 bug with 002 during Audio Initialization

Hoi,

i have the same Problem since 6 month.... i think you also don´t have the certified hp workstation!?

Most PC Motherboards (as mine) have only one PCI Bus (except server boards) so you can connect the firewire cards in all constilations in the pci slots ---> they always work over one PCI Bus. I think thats the Problem why it works sometimes and sometimes not. When the "Busflow" is not disturbed it is running.......

Workaround: deactivate all system configs you don´t need... look if you dont have the firewirecards on a same IRQ!!! deaktivate the 1394 Lan Adapters you don´t need it (only OHCI). deactivate normal soundcard.

Next step (it works to 80% / better than 50 % ;) ) switch on mojo and digi002 (i have them on one extension lead) switch on the PC ....
    load Avid.... he says... no audiocard found proceed? YES
    You wanna use ASIO driver? YES

And than it works....

When Avid freeze at the Audioinitialisation it deconnect the firewirecable and close avid

Aver that i don´t reboot i only switch the WINXP user connect the cable again
    and sign in windows

after that load AVID again and HOPEEEEEE ;)

I knowthats not the best way  and hope that anybody has a real SOLUTION PLEASEEEEEEEE

Blessings
    Julos
    Avid Studio Xpress Complete | Workstation: PC WinXP; P4 3,4 Ghz; 2GB RAM; Board: Asus P5Ad2 Premium. | Mobile Workstation: Mac Book Pro; Intel... [view my complete system specs]
    www.45ers.de - German exlusive Reggaestudio
  • Sun, Feb 12 2006 7:51 PM In reply to

• Arthur Klein
    • Not Ranked
    • Santa Monica CA
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,790

Cool [H] Re: 5.2.2 bug with 002 during Audio Initialization

I know,  So do you have any idea how to solve this.... If you know how to read dump file and exception file, I can send them to you...

This problem is a real pain and moderatly repeatable.  I wish Avid would take more interest in this product, I dont even know if they beta it anymore.  It is getting increasingly more difficult to sing Avids praises when it comes to their interest in us.

Thanks, T

• Mon, Feb 13 2006 8:57 PM In reply to

• Arthur Klein
    • Not Ranked
    • Santa Monica CA
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,790

Geeked [8-|] Re: 5.2.2 bug with 002 during Audio Initialization

Hey Avid Techs, who can i send a dump file to? This is a real problem... Cant we all just work together to solve it before build 5.2.3

It is only a problem with 002 connected. even after lock up on Audio Init... you can load express after turning off 002 even without mojo reboot or cpu reboot...

This seems as though the mojo sees 002 but cant lock to its clock. Something is intermittently wrong with the handshakeing or timeing having to do with the handshaking...

HELP GUYS

ERROR MESSAGE

AFTER RUNTIME ERROR

ADM_ASO_UNABLE_TO_SET_EXT_SYNC_SOURCE_FILE\PPG\ULSHELL2.0\CORE CLASSES\AAPLICATION.C,LINE:3286
  • Mon, Feb 13 2006 9:09 PM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,994
    • Points 37,755

you're assuming a 5.2.3.
    Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Mon, Feb 13 2006 9:24 PM In reply to

• Arthur Klein
    • Not Ranked
    • Santa Monica CA
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,790

Hi Terry,

Maybe you and i can write 5.2.2.a... what do u think?

BTW do you know if Avid is still beta testing the Studio Product or does Avid just see release and see what happens kinda like a who do voodoo beta?

Regards,

ak

PS the more of you who have seen this problem that post the better the chance Avid will figure out the problem...
  • Mon, Feb 13 2006 9:43 PM In reply to

Arthur,

Is this a problem that just started happening; e.g. did everything use to work and then all of a sudden stop working?

What are your system specs? Maybe you are having a problem with a firewire controller, since both the Digi002 and Mojo are picky about firewire controllers and they won't work with just any. In fact the Mojo will suck up an entire PCI bus, so you have to make sure they are running on different bus segments.

Do you have any other audio hardware installed except the Digi002?

Have you tried using just the Digi002 with ProTools and the Mojo turned off?

Just some ideas...

Jeron

Click on Web Address [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 4 (52 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller