Latest post Tue, Jun 7 2011 7:10 PM by cosmopost. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:56 PM

The Return of the Cumbersome PGLUE Error!

Hey ALL,

Was running MC 5.0 in XP on a HP XW8600 and was having some memory issues. So we upgraded it to Vista and kicked the RAM up to 8GB. Runs much better now, but get an error whenever I hit certain cut points in my sequence and try to play down from that point:

PGLUE_RESTART_OUT_OF_RANGEFW

I heard of this error on much older versions of the software and had something to do with adding edits near the end of a sequence or in cuts but but haven't been able to really stop the error from showing up. Most of the time it is just at specific straight cut points. Sometimes when you move a upper layer over the video, it seems to fix the problem but it's pretty inconsistent. I also installed the patch to update the software to 5.0.3.7 but doesn't seem to change the issue.

Trying to find what the best workaround or fix would be in this case, as it is very annoying while editing.

Anybody have similar issues or solutions?

Quick Specs sheet:

HP XW8600, 3.00ghz dual core XEON processor with Vista 64-bit (SP1)  running off Adrenaline BOB firewire with DNXcel Card. 8GB RAM. MC 5.0.3.7

• Fri, Jan 21 2011 12:07 AM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,418
    • Points 61,120
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: The Return of the Cumbersome PGLUE Error!

• Fri, Jan 21 2011 7:13 PM In reply to

Thanks for the link. I tried these fixes and doesn't seem to correct the problem. Some of the steps that I took were:

Changing Users

Dumping project and recreating a new project

Deleting Project and User Site Settings

Looked at all previous cuts

Loaded the sequence without media

It does seem to be limited to just one cut, as I couldn't recreate the issue from any previous versions. The differences were more transisitions and layers were added, but noting significant where I could pinpoint a corruption. I tried toggling the play length to try narrow down a particular poiny, but didn't come across any bad frames.The worst part about it is that it seems to be very inconsistent. Whenever I park on certain cut points, is where the issue seems to stem but it is not indicative to particular sources or clips nor whether there is an effect or not. 

• Fri, Jan 21 2011 8:06 PM In reply to

• bonang
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston, MA
    • Posts 388
    • Points 4,865

I typically associate the dreaded PGLUE w/ corrupt media. Do other projects (using different media) behave properly? If so, you can evt. isolate the bad media clip(s) in current project.

Avid MC 2020.6 with Symphony option | HP zbook 17" G3 / i7 6820HQ / 32GB RAM / 512GB SSD / WIN 10 PRO 64 / nVidia m3000m / BMD UltraStudio 4K [view my complete system specs]

Keith

• Tue, Jun 7 2011 7:10 PM In reply to

• cosmopost
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 6 2010
    • Posts 5
    • Points 45

I'm getting these same errors.  They are very hard to isolate.  I'm on 5.5.2 Media composer with Mac OS X. Any help would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller