Latest post Thu, Jan 13 2011 11:45 PM by Kenton.VanNatten. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 12 2011 9:44 PM

• ryguy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 30 2009
    • Posts 141
    • Points 2,010

Frame rate changes upon export

Hi Everyone,

I am running MC 4.0.2 on Windows Vista. I have a 30i timeline. I am trying to export my timeline as an uncompressed QT file, however, when the export is finished and I look at the movie inspector in QT it says that the FPS are 25.60!!!

This is of course not correct it should be 29.97 FPS.

I went into the options for QT for exporting and changed the frame rate option from current (which should have been fine) to 29.97 to force it to out put the correct frame rate and it still came out as having a frame rate of 25.60.

I also tryed exporting a smaller chunck of the timeline with the frame rate set to current and it exported with the correct frame rate.

so any help would be much appriciated!

Main Workstation: Dell Precision T7600, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E5-2687W @ 3.10GHz 2x, 64GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro 4000, Running Avid Media Composer... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 12 2011 10:00 PM In reply to

• Zac Hogle
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 30 2010
    • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    • Posts 788
    • Points 9,745

Re: Frame rate changes upon export

Have you tried mixing down the timeline and exporting to see if that corrects the issue?

Also, have you double-checked the project format to be sure it's in 30i?

Z

• Thu, Jan 13 2011 10:36 PM In reply to

• ryguy
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 141
    • Points 2,010

Well i tried mixing down the timeline and then exported, however, this did not help! and yes it is 30i.

After doing some more research I have found that other people have had the same problem and the only common denominator is that animation codec. Also various people have just plain said that the animation codec has a known bug and outputs wrong frame rates.

So I am wondering then what codec I could use to export this video with the least amount of compression hopefully none.

Main Workstation: Dell Precision T7600, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E5-2687W @ 3.10GHz 2x, 64GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro 4000, Running Avid Media Composer... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 13 2011 11:04 PM In reply to

• ryguy
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 141
    • Points 2,010

I just used the NONE codec and this seems to have worked just fine!

• Thu, Jan 13 2011 11:06 PM In reply to

• Zac Hogle
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 30 2010
    • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    • Posts 788
    • Points 9,745

In your export settings you could always use the 'None' option for compression. This would give you a completely uncompressed quicktime. That would also give you a fairly large file.

Other options would include specific Avid codecs like 1:1, or anything else for the format you are working in (ie. HD could export as DNxHD).

Z

• Thu, Jan 13 2011 11:45 PM In reply to

ryguy:
    I also tryed exporting a smaller chunck of the timeline with the frame rate set to current and it exported with the correct frame rate.

This part of your problem piqued my interest.  A long time ago (not in a galaxy far away) I remember that if sequences contained Filler, then I found the QT frame rate to come out with odd results.  Of course, this was when using QTref exports and it kind of made sense because Filler was not being factored into the frame calculations.  Since that time, I've always made a habit of doing Mixdowns prior to export and have never had a problem.  

But, you say above that you did a Video Mixdown and still got an odd frame rate.  I suppose codec choice could be a factor and if None seems to work that would support that theory.  I'd be interested to see what QT reports the frame rate to be if you did a QTref or Same As Source QT.

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller