Latest post Mon, Oct 17 2005 2:56 AM by ccoote. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 14 2005 12:36 AM

Un-render button

The avid needs an un-render button.  Sometimes I apply a Boris Red effect to a clip and then render it.  After its rendered sometimes I decide I want to add a dissolve into or out of it centered on the cut. But when I do this the entire clip does not become un-rendered. The portion of the clip contained in the dissolve does un-render, and will re-render incorrectly.  The only work around is to re-apply the Boris effect by dragging it's icon from the effect editor back onto itself. Then I can render the effect and the dissolve correctly.  Please add an un-render button that will un-render an effect but not re-move it from the clip.
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan Avid 1- z400 6-Core, with Nitris DX Symphony 6.0.3 Win 7 64 Bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 14 2005 6:13 AM In reply to

Re: Un-render button

That might be handy...

I have also found that if you have an effect rendered in an upper video layer (say a matte key, for instance) and re-import a clip underneath it (using batch import) it doesn not become un-rendered.

However, if you manually re-render the matte key, it will correct itself.  So, perhaps you just have to re-render the full clip of the Boris effect first, then render the dissolve.

HTH
    Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Oct 14 2005 5:01 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

"But when I do this the entire clip does not become un-rendered"

A single dissolve doesn't change anything "inside" the Boris effect ! Why would you like it to become unrendered ?

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Fri, Oct 14 2005 5:14 PM In reply to

It might affect keyframes if he's adding duration to the shot be extending the dissolve past the original in or out point.
    Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Oct 14 2005 9:01 PM In reply to

Exactly Kevin,  the majority of my Boris effects are animations to still photos. The dissolve increases the clips duration and thus the distance between keyframes is longer.  If I don't unrender and then re-render, then there is a jump when the dissolve happens.
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan Avid 1- z400 6-Core, with Nitris DX Symphony 6.0.3 Win 7 64 Bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 15 2005 6:30 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

OK, I never use Boris for aniamted stills ! Doesn't ghappen with Stage tools Moving Picture where keyframes do NOT move !
    Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Mon, Oct 17 2005 2:56 AM In reply to

• ccoote
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 44
    • Points 550

I agree...An unrender button would come in handy big time.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller