Latest post Wed, Dec 8 2010 10:50 AM by vijayvenkataramanan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 7 2010 8:42 AM

Glitch in relinking media file in MC after DPX to DNxHD transcode in Metafuze

Hi there

I am in the process of transcoding a DPX sequence of a feature film into DNxHD 175. When I scan the DPX sequence of each reel in Metafuze 2.2.5, it reads some as a 24p and some as 25p sequence. I don't understand why this is so.

After the transcoding and exporting of ALEs, I am able to relink clips and access the transcoded media in Media Composer 3.5 quite easily for the reels that were read as 24p in a 1080 24p project. The reels that Metafuze read as 25p, I changed the setting to 24p prior to transcoding on both the source and transcode lines. Still, when I am attempting to relink in Media Composer, those reels refuse to link.

What am I doing wrong? I would appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks.

• Tue, Dec 7 2010 9:05 AM In reply to

Re: Glitch in relinking media file in MC after DPX to DNxHD transcode in Metafuze

Ok I seem to have figured out what the issue was. There is a tiny glitch in the ALE file that Metafuze exports in the above scenario. The end TC of clip listed in the ALE is 1 frame in excess of the end TC displayed in Metafuze. After exporting the ALE file, I just edited it manually to ensure that the end TC matches with what is displayed in Metafuze. As a result, the relinking works fine.

• Wed, Dec 8 2010 10:50 AM In reply to

Re: Glitch in relinking media file in MC after DPX to DNxHD transcode in Metafuze

Ok the problem seems to go far beyond what I have mentioned above, in case anyone else has the same issue. In many clips, the TC read by Metafuze and output to the ALE file is very, very different from what corresponds to the transcoded mxf itself. As a result, clips do not relink when ALEs are imported into Media Composer.

But the solution was a lot simpler and in my face. All you have to do is open up the media tool in Media Composer after you have moved the transcoded mxf files into the Avid Media Files folder, locate the files through the media tool where you will see a corresponding master clip for each mxf file that you can drag directly into your bin. Yeah, its that simple.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller