Latest post Thu, Nov 18 2010 10:37 AM by addinski. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 11 2010 11:07 PM

• vampyr66
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 11 2010
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

OS 10.5, Avid 3.1.2 - "FIREWIRE ON NO PORT" Tried everything... HELP!!

Dear all,

So, for the past day I have been trying to capture DVCAM (SD) material into Avid MC 3.1.2 using a JVC BR-HD50, a deck which is not officially supoorted, but one which I have managed to capture with in the past.  Recently, however, in the DECK CONFIGURATION setting, I cannot manage to get the Avid to read the firewire port where the deck lives.  There is no OHCI option, just NO PORT or, even stranger, MARIAJANIS-1, which is the name of a woman I did some editing for in the past.  When I click on the MARIAJANIS option, Avid tells me that that port is being used by another application.  I assure you all that it is not.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Avid, installed an earlier version, downsclaed my OS 10.5.8 back to 10.5, and then repeated the Avid installation process... NO DICE!  Other programs, included FCP and System Profiler are reading the FW port with no issue at all.  I can capture with the same deck into FCP, no questions asked.

I already verified and repaired all permissions and disks via Disk Utility.  Also tried creating a brand new project and user profile.  I do not have Nitris or DNA or Mojo or anything along those lines.  I had been getting a message regarding Avid not finding DNA, but that has gone away since one of the many re-installations and the OS downscale. 

I am just about at my wits' end.  Is there anyone out there having a similar FW port issue?  I have tooled around the forums and checked out whatever solutions people found successful; much to my chagrin, bupkis has worked on this end.  Also, the 1394 option that should exist on the upper-right-hand section of the Timeline is non-existent on my version and when I try to scroll down to the DEVICE tab in the SPECIAL menu, zippo is available for me to select.  

Thanks in advance to anyone who can toss me a line over here!  

-Greg 

• Fri, Nov 12 2010 5:36 PM In reply to

Re: OS 10.5, Avid 3.1.2 - "FIREWIRE ON NO PORT" Tried everything... HELP!!

Have you tried a new Avid user?  Or throwing away the MCState file? 

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Nov 17 2010 3:06 PM In reply to

• vampyr66
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 11 2010
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Mr. Klimek,

Thank you for your response.  And, for the record, yes, I have tried both of those fixes more than once.  I still have had no success.  For this particular capture, I had to do a FCP work-around in order to get the material into AMC.  Please let me know if you have any other ideas.  Take care.

-Greg

• Thu, Nov 18 2010 10:37 AM In reply to

• addinski
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Erfurt, Germany
    • Posts 193
    • Points 2,320

It´s been a while since I worked with tape and firewire, but sounds like you have to set your capture device settings again. You can find it under the settings tab. Start there from scratch. Then you should configure an ohci channel with firewire accordingly. Sometimes that needs a restart. Connect capture device, turn it on, restart avid and pray!

MAC OS X 10.11.6 AVID MC 2018.3 + Avid Mbox Pro 3 MACBOOKPRO 15" Retina, i7 2.66 GHz Quadcore, 16GB Ram Dell UltraSharp U2711 Sony FS5 & Alpha... [view my complete system specs]

Honestly I hate editing.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller