Latest post Thu, Nov 11 2010 12:41 PM by Neil J. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 8 2010 7:26 PM

Poor Marquee Quality

When working with Marquee Titling the graphic quality is superb.  When it hits the timeline the quality is poor. My video quality for the timeline is set at the "all green" level.

The output quality is also poor.

What setting am I missing?

Are there other titling tools besides Marque and Title Tool?

Thanks!

Chris

Valdosta, GA

Windows XP Pro SP3 3.25 GB RAM 2TB & 500GB Pentium(R) D 3.0 GHZ Graphics: Nvidia Audio: Creative SB Audigy 4 Media Composer 5,Sorenson Squeeze, Avid... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 8 2010 7:50 PM In reply to

• Neil J
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 576
    • Points 7,390

Re: Poor Marquee Quality

Check your Media Creation settings. What resolution are the Marquee files saving as in MC?

• Mon, Nov 8 2010 8:00 PM In reply to

Media Creation setting under titles is DV25 411 MXF .  Is this what you mean? 

cw

Windows XP Pro SP3 3.25 GB RAM 2TB & 500GB Pentium(R) D 3.0 GHZ Graphics: Nvidia Audio: Creative SB Audigy 4 Media Composer 5,Sorenson Squeeze, Avid... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 9 2010 10:46 AM In reply to

• Neil J
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 576
    • Points 7,390

Yup - what is your project setting / resolution?

• Tue, Nov 9 2010 12:41 PM In reply to

Where is that information located?

• Tue, Nov 9 2010 4:04 PM In reply to

• Neil J
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 576
    • Points 7,390

Again in your Media Creation settings - but what type of project is it? DV25?

And what is it that you are seeing when you play the title back?

Have you rendered it and are you viewing on an interlaced monitor?

Sorry for all the questions but need to know where the problem lies...

• Tue, Nov 9 2010 4:41 PM In reply to

I also have noticed that the titling generated by the marquee tool doesn't look as nice as the titles generated from Title Deko Pro. Both my settings are DV25. Should we set the title tool to output a higher resolution and then adjust things after it is placed on the time line?

Thanks for the input,

Jeff

MC5.0.4, Panasonic AG-AC130 HD Cam & DVC30 SD Cam, Sager 9170 laptop, 17" 1920x1080, i7 3rd gen, 8gb ram, dual Hd's, GTX675m graphics. Emachine... [view my complete system specs]

Created Design Video - "Video for the common man"

• Wed, Nov 10 2010 12:43 AM In reply to

Project Type 30i/ NTSC  4:3

Don't know if my monitor is interlaced, but I'm not sure that matters since it looks great in Marquee.

At the bottom of this site page are some photos.  The 1st is from Marquee...the 2nd from MC.  The video clip is also a good representation of what I am seeing.  The Marquee graphics just POPS out.

http://www.valdostafirstumc.org/tv-ministry.html

Everything rendered - as best I can tell -Coming from Liquid, still have a lot of unanswered questions...

cw

• Wed, Nov 10 2010 2:20 PM In reply to

• Neil J
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 576
    • Points 7,390

Well it does matter if your monitor is interlaced as you are working in an interlaced project and need to monitor that correctly to be ble to assess correctly the final quality of your output.

The pix on the link are too small to judge whats happening but at a guess you are looking at crisp non-interlaced and hi-res images in Marquee, when saved and rendered to dv25 @ 30i there may well appear to be a drop in quality but you need to see that output on a decent interlaced monitor to see it as it should be.

• Thu, Nov 11 2010 1:02 AM In reply to

Trying to absorb all of this.  I appreciate your patience.

I'm not sure how to tell if my monitor is interlaced or not.  I have an acer AL2416W that I am running VGA into.  I could not find any specs regarding interlacing on this monitor.

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/monitor/0000/Acer/AL2416/AL2416sp2.shtml

I've enlarged the photos on the website for you to possibly see clearer.

http://www.valdostafirstumc.org/tv-ministry.html

Final product is to 1 hour DVD for local cable access........after sorenson squeeze and Avid DVD.

How can I improve the quality of the graphics & final product?  Never had this issue with Liquid.

Thanks,

Chris

• Thu, Nov 11 2010 12:41 PM In reply to

• Neil J
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 576
    • Points 7,390

Your monitor isn't interlaced.

DV25 is a fairly compressed format.

Have you tried outputting your GFX to dvd to see if they produce the quality you are looking for?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller