Latest post Wed, Nov 3 2010 8:36 PM by Kevin Klimek. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 3 2010 8:30 PM

• racheln
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 3 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Best Export Settings for DNxHD codec

Hi all,

This might be an obvious question, but its been a little while since I've done this and I could really use some help!

I'm trying to export my doc (about 40 mins) as a quicktime file using the DNxHD codec. The process seemed to go well, but when I tried to play the finished file in QT it was way too big for the frame. No matter how I changed the size of the window, only about a third of my video was visible. I'm thinking this is a really simple mistake in the export settings, so I thought I'd ask the pros. What settings would you recommend?

Many thanks,

rachel n.

• Wed, Nov 3 2010 8:36 PM In reply to

Re: Best Export Settings for DNxHD codec

If you're working in HD, it's entirely possible that the QT will be larger than your desktop.  You can play it Half Size by hitting CMD+0 (zero).

How big you make it depends on what you want to do with it.  If you export "Same as Source," the size is set by the DNxHD codec you select.  If you want something else, you'll have to use some other codec (like h.264) to encode to.

Perhaps telling us what you intend to do with the exported movie would help you pick an appropriate export codec and size.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller