Latest post Mon, Nov 1 2010 1:40 PM by Mark Carr. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 31 2010 10:06 PM

• Mark Carr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 27 2010
    • Montreal
    • Posts 36
    • Points 465

Converting AVI to progressive QT mac.

What is the best way for me to convert a raw AVI file to Progressive QT on a mac. I have tryed using Sorrensen but I find I loose a lot of quality. And when I am importing the Avi to avid i am getting a lot of artifacting . I have tried  changing the field order, and using a time warp effect  etc ( with no joy ). Someone suggested that if I convert the Original files to Progressive MOV then try batch importing then that should work. 

Could someone please tell me the best way to do this ???

Thanks

Mark

Media Composer 5, Mojo sdi, Mac Pro , 12 gb RAM, 2x3Ghz quad core Intel Xeon , OSX 10.6.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:17 AM In reply to

• mvegas
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 1,555
    • Points 17,910

Re: Converting AVI to progressive QT mac.

Purchase the quicktime pro option from Apple.  Quicktime pro allows you to save as your media and convert from AVI to quicktime.  The option is grayed out if you download the free version of quicktime.  QT pro runs approx $30.

hth

• Mon, Nov 1 2010 1:40 PM In reply to

• Mark Carr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 27 2010
    • Montreal
    • Posts 36
    • Points 465

Re: Converting AVI to progressive QT mac.

Perfect thank you 

Media Composer 5, Mojo sdi, Mac Pro , 12 gb RAM, 2x3Ghz quad core Intel Xeon , OSX 10.6.4 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller